I have to thank reader Treesa for a recent gift. She read a recent post where I was loving the new Poison Ivy doll, so she sent me the closet thing she had: another Poison Ivy doll, for World Doll Day! I have been very lax in showing you the gifts Treesa sent me at Christmas time last year, but I am showing you this one. Following that, I have a dilemma I'm hoping you Barbie scholars can help with.
Treesa says the doll is the Super Hero Girls Poison Ivy, redressed in a Crayola Pixie Doodles doll Razzle Dazzle Rose fashion pack dress, and she has named her Poppy.
She has jointy wrists, elbows, and knees.
I've been having a lot of trouble getting around lately, due to my sciatica acting up, so I had to take the pictures without getting down to the doll's level. Sorry about the quality.

Now, while I have you here, I have a mystery that needs solved. Maybe one of you can help. Emma, who works for ShopGoodwill, got this dress in recently. She recognized it as a vintage Barbie dress, and it is tagged, but, even though she searched online, she couldn't find this dress anywhere.
I recognized the fabric right away as the same fabric used for Francie's skating outfit, in the JC Penney exclusive Sportin' Set. But I couldn't find it either. Does anybody know what it's called? If you do, please leave the answer in the comments.










I'm glad you like Poppy. She comes across as very photogenic in your pictures. As for the vintage Barbie dress, according to my copy of the book Barbie Doll Fashion Volume II, 1968-1974 by Sarah Sink Eames, it appears to be one of the many fabric variations of the Sharp Shift fashion pak from 1970.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I'm drawing a complete blank on the sweater too!
ReplyDeleteHi - it's a Barbie Sharp Shift dress and an extremely rare variation. Great find!
ReplyDelete