Thursday, September 24, 2020

What I Saw at Target

  Yesterday we stopped into Target, because Ivy is addicted to Target...ok, and we needed a few things. I had a look at the toy department. I with Ken had had his phone on him, because I saw several things I wanted to talk to you about,and I couldn't take any pictures. So I'm still going to talk, (because that's what I do!), but I'll have to use stock photos.
  First of all, even though the dolls are still available on the Target website, there wasn't even a section for Creatable World stuff any more. I had my eye on some of those clothes, so that's disappointing.
  There were still some Lori dolls and things,but the faces look different on some of them. I'm not sure if they are using a new sculpt, or just painting them differently. This girl had a cute outfit, and SOCKS!


  I finally saw a couple of the Cave Club dolls.




They were jointed, and kind of cute, but too bright and colourful for me.
  I had never seen the Na!Na!Na! Surprise dolls in person either. I love the faces.
This one was really cute,but with platform shoes. The other one they had was wearing black fishnet hose. Here we go again with the provocatively dressed play dolls.
   There are some different face sculpts in the Our Generation dolls now,besides the pointy little face. They've had them for a while,but I think there are more of them now.





There were  a couple of bendy dolls too. They can bend their arms and legs,and even sit cross legged. My favourite was a red haired one that had the older style face. She came with crutches. On the OG website the doll with crutches was blonde.
  They had some really wonderful accessory sets for the OG dolls too! I want most of them! My favourites were the set of little 'records' with a record tote...

... and the little record player with records...


 (I'm not sure they really 'play' anything, and I'm not sure why kids these days would want records. They don't even know what they are. They probably think they're weird CDs.).
And my absolute favourite favourite: the 'Take A Letter' typewriter set! I got so excited about this thing! I only wish it were Tammy World's size!

The best of the larger sets for the OG dolls was the movie theatre! This thing is fantastic!






The Barbie Fashionista #132, that comes with a wheelchair and ramp, and has the Made To Move body was marked down to $15.19.

  That's my Target story for this time. I didn't buy anything, because I didn't have the money/don't have the room, or a kid to buy for, or play with. I need to borrow somebody's kid to play with. But they have to buy the toys too. You know, all this money/space situation could be solved if more people bought stuff from the sales page. I did recently add a bunch of dolls and things, and for great prices too. Some of this stuff needs to move. I really need the room. So check out the sales page by clicking the link in the top right of the page,or ask about a doll that's been featured on the blog. I might be willing to let it go.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, there are so many interesting things. I love the movie theater. I love the typewriter also. I bet my Gotz girls would like it. I better not let them see this posting (laugh).

    I have seen the Cave Club dolls but not the NaNaNa dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you think of the Cave Club dolls?

      Delete
    2. The Cave Club dolls are cute but they are not the type of dolls I collect.

      And speaking of type, I bought the typewriter! I found it on Amazon for a great price. I haven't told my Gotz girls yet. They would have their noses pressed against the window looking for the mail carrier each morning (laugh).

      Delete
  2. I like that Our Generation has more variety in faces now. I personally suspect the 50s themed stuff is more aimed at adults and grown ups buying stuff for kids. Now that so much stuff is digital, a lot of kids don't even know what CDs are, much less records. (That's terrifying and makes me feel OLD!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must be for adults. And yes! Kids don't even use CDs now! I still like records, and they have moved on to downloading only. Even my kids, who are in their 20's,do that, although Emma has a huge record collection too.

      Delete
  3. If only I had a kid to buy this stuff for! Enjoy your weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinyl records are making a comeback, for some weird reason. Maybe some kids are into that thing because they like retro stuff??? I dunno. Looks like you saw some nifty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for vinyl! There was nothing like getting a new record: going over the cover,(which was big enough to SEE!), the inner sleeve, reading the lyric sheet, and looking at the booklet, the poster, or whatever other goodies might have come with it, while listening to the record, which sounded BETTER than a CD or cassette. I know a lot of things are coming out in vinyl again now. I always try to get the vinyl version of the things I want. Some young people prefer vinyl, but I don't think they are as young as the kids who buy or want OG dolls. I have been told it's mostly 'Hipsters', but my kids and I all meet the criteria for 'Hipster', so...

      Delete
    2. Vinyl is making a comeback. Both because it is in to be retro, and because of the better quality. My cousin has/wants vinyl versions of all his CDs, so he can play CDs on normal occasions and LPs on special occasions (does not want too much wear on the presious LPs).

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.