Friday, July 21, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #194: Caco Girl, Featuring the Dollhouse Kids

"Hey! Where is everybody? Is everybody okay?", shouted Kay.


"I'm here.", said Moe.


"Here kitty kitty! Here Kitty kitty!---What are you laughing at?", Kay asked the approaching Jeffrey.



"Your hair is all messed up!", laughed Jeffrey. "Well I'm not surprised!", Said Kay, "What happened, anyway?!"


Moe, who had finally managed to crawl out of the plastic box, said "I smelled smoke."


"Jeffrey! Have you been in Grama's pipe tobacco?", asked Kay.* "Gosh no!", said Jeffrey, "That stuff stinks!"

"Not that kind of smoke. Like a fire.", Moe explained.

Dollhouse Girl and Dollhouse boy shoved the telephone table into the circle of friends. "The leg is broken off the desk.", said Dollhouse Girl. 


Dollhouse Boy added, "I smelled smoke too."



"Well," said Dollhouse Girl, "all I really remember is suddenly I felt a foot in my back, and then a chair hit me in the head. Then everything went black." "No wonder!", said Jeffrey, "You got hit in the head with a chair!"


"Not that kind of black. Like darkness.", Said Dollhouse Girl, "And I feel like it's been that way for ages, until today."


Dollhouse Lady staggered over. "Heavens to Betsy! What went on?!", she said, "My stove door is bent. I can't get it closed any more. There won't be any cooking tonight."


"But I wanted some cookies." said Jeffrey thoughtlessly.


"Well you aren't gettin' any!" "Okay!", yelped Jeffrey. 


"Well that's just swell." said Jeffrey, glumly. 


"Jeffrey,", asked Kay, exasperated, "do you ever think about anything but yourself?!"


"Sure I do.", answered Jeffrey. 



"What?!", returned Kay.

"I think about cookies."


"Well, anyway,", said Dollhouse Girl, "is everybody okay? We're all here, right?"


"What about Tillie?", asked Moe. 


The group all looked at each other and there was a collective moan. "Ohhhhhh...", they all said, disappointed that there might still be a Tillie.


"I am here.", said Tillie. Tillie was pushed into the group in a rocking chair by her maid.


"Tillie! Are you hurt?!", asked Kay. "No.", said Tillie.  "Then why is she pushing you in that chair?", asked Jeffrey, straight to the point, as usual.


"I was tired.", grumped Tillie.


There was a 'yip', and everybody noticed the small dog they had never seen before, with Dollhouse Dog and Dollhouse Cat.


"Where did that dog come from?", asked Jeffrey. "That one is mine.", answered Tillie, "Marion! Put Pers on my lap." "Hiya Percy!", said Dollhouse Boy. 


"His name is not Percy.", snapped Tillie.


"Percival?", asked Dollhouse Boy. "No." Dollhouse Boy looked confused. "But you said..." 


"His name is Pers,", explained Tillie, "short for Persnickety."


"Oh.'', said the kids as one. Knowing Tillie, that made sense.

Dollhouse Grama and The Baby appeared. "My yarn basket is broken.", said Grama, sadly.


"We're not getting cookies tonight Grama! Your yarn basket is the least of our worries!", shrieked Jeffrey.


Old Time Dollhouse Lady showed up, looking flustered. "Oh my!", she said breathlessly, "What an ordeal! Girls! Come along!"


"Who's she?", Dollhouse Boy whispered to Dollhouse Girl. "She lives upstairs...you know... in that room.", whispered back Dollhouse Girl. 


The Old Timey Dollhouse Girls popped up in the plastic box. "But Ma-ma! What about our sister?!" "I found her." said OTDL, "She's hiding in a cupboard."


A girl the group had never seen before walked up. "Hi! I'm Amanda. What are you doing here?"


"We're not sure.", said Kay. "We think our house caught fire." Jeffrey jumped in, "And we need cookies. Do...you...have...cookies?" "Hush Jeffrey!", snapped Kay.


Amanda spoke to Kay, "Well if you need a place to stay, you can stay with us." "Do you have a house here?", asked Moe.


"Well, not yet.", said Amanda. She continued brightly, "Right now we're living in a cardboard box. But we hope to get a house someday! But for now, mi caja es tu caja. That's Spanish!" 




"The homeless!", Tillie said, horrified. "Marion, get me out of here."



"Well thanks.", Kay said. She looked around at the others, "But I think we're good in this plastic box for the time being. Right fellas?" There was a general mumbling of agreement.




Amanda smiled. "Okay, but if you need anything, we're right over there. Come over sometime and I'll help you fix your hair."




"Thanks!", said Kay, "That would be swell!"



"Okay. Well, see ya later!", Amanda said. 



Amanda returned to her own box, while the Dollhouse Kids continued to dig through the plastic box to see what had been rescued from their house. "What about her?" asked Moe, "Are you okay Ma'am?" "I'm fine and dandy young man, Just move along." 




The kids worked on. Suddenly Jeffrey said, "Don't worry! Everything's gonna be okay now!" Kay and Moe looked at him. 



"What do you mean?", asked Kay. (Explanation for the fish HERE.)



"I found the cookies!" 


  The new girl is another Caco kid. I've had her for quite a while. I got her at a miniature show, I think.  She was going to be introduced in the dollhouse, but it turned out quite differently. I thought she was taller than Kay, but she's the same size. If you haven't been introduced to Kay and Jeffrey and the other Dollhouse Kids yet, you can find their previous posts HERE,HERE, HEREHERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. That's the order in which they should be read. It's sort of a continuous story. In case you're wondering, my Posin Pee Wees doll, my Ton Chan, and my Tiny Terry, all of whom were also seen in the dollhouse, survived as well. See you tomorrow! *The joke was a private one. One of my gramas smoked a pipe.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I see that Tillie is just as ornery as ever! What a little stinker! I'm glad to see that your dollhouse kids survived, though. I'd been wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So had I! I had Ken bring the dollhouse stuff downstairs the other day, because I am still too chicken to actually see the scene of the disaster. I was so relieved as I discovered each one in the box!

      Delete
  2. I don't remember the doll house series so I will have to go back and read the "HEREs."
    I agree with Jeffrey. Cookies are important, especially if they are peanut butter (old the chocolate, please - laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE peanut butter cookies! Hard to find recipe that gets them just the way I like though: not too crispy, and not too 'cakey'.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.