Thursday, June 10, 2021

Well That's One Less Thing Anyway!

   My camera problem is fixed. I'm embarrassed to say that it was really obvious. It makes me feel a little better that Ken didn't notice the problem at first either. He was switching newly charged batteries, and trying this and that. Of course, he might not have noticed what it was because it was something that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place! My memory card door wasn't closed tightly! I wouldn't have thought that would have been that big of a problem, because you can actually 'take' pictures without a memory card at all. (They aren't there when you're done, but you can go through the motions!) He said it was because there's a risk of shorting the camera or something, so the camera won't come on. Anyway, problem solved, and Ken didn't have to kill me for breaking the camera!

   So soon I'll give you a better look at some dolls I got at the doll show. As for part 2 of the doll show post, Ken and I have been trying to think of ways to get the pictures off his computer, ways that don't cost a million dollars. I suggested we could try putting the hard drive into an old computer that will actually come on. We do have one, but he thinks it might not work. (Before you ask, it will come on, but not much else.) We'll try. We have a lot of family photos on there that we need to retrieve too. I also bought some dolls online that I've been wanting. I found them for an amazing price and weirdly, no one bid against me. So I want to show you those.

  I also still have a wonderful story to tell you, with a great happy ending. That's waiting on someone else though, so that's not waiting on me.

  **Let me preface this next part by saying that I fully support getting the Corona virus vaccine. We desperately need to kill this virus off as soon as possible before it continues to mutate and becomes even more uncontrollable. Side effects are a small price to pay.** 

  As for what else I've been up to, Ken and I got our first dose of the Corona vaccine Monday. The shot didn't hurt much, as shots go, (and I am terrible with needles!), and we left feeling fine. Ken's arm was a bit sore most of the day, but I didn't even notice it. Then my shoulder/neck began to hurt when moved a certain direction, and my armpit, (lymph nodes) got achy and tender. I had a nauseous spell in the evening, but it got better. When we got home, (We were out on our 'Fun Day'.), we were both really sleepy and had a fever. Ken's was fairly low, at about 100. Mine was as high as 102.6, before I zonked out. The next day we both felt lousy, had low grade fevers, and slept on and off all day. Well,I did. Poor Ken had to go to work. I only got out of bed to pee, which, strangely, seemed to also be a thing for both of us that day. I didn't eat much, and couldn't stand drinking much either. It just didn't feel good in my mouth or taste good. That was unfortunate, since I maintained the low grade fever that went slightly up and down all day. It finally broke in the middle of the night, when I woke up sweating.

  I was pretty tired Wednesday, but had a fairly active day. Some of that tiredness could have been because it's so hot. I'm always draggy ,and feel lousy when it's hot. It didn't help that I was surely dehydrated from the fever and not drinking enough, (and peeing far too much!) The weird thing is, my hand, which had gotten to the point of all the fingers being sore and stiff, and my wrist hurting, improved during my fever. It went back and forth between how it's been lately, and almost normal. I've come to the conclusion that I may have psoriatic arthritis in that hand, because the fingernails on that hand are all lumpy too. I don't have psoriasis, but apparently the joint pain and stiffness can come first. Unfortunately, another of the symptoms is fatigue. No kidding?  I have so many things that can cause fatigue that it's a wonder I am ever awake. (To be honest, I'm not awake that much.)

  So that's what's going on. A post with pictures is coming soon! I promise!

5 comments:

  1. If you have a google account you can put the photos onto Google Drive. I use google drive alot to move photos/files from one computer to another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids keep telling me that, but I'm a technophobe. It's stupid, maybe, but I don't want to store family photos on there in case some day it shuts down unexpectedly. I know. Pretty old fashioned thinking. I might start putting the non family pictures on there though, and just keeping the family ones on a flash drive and discs.

      Delete
  2. That's at least two things less. ;) Congrats on getting vaccinated. I felt lousy for 3 days, but also elated that me and my family will finally be a bit safer. Really happy about your camera, can't wait to see all the new dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome about the camera.Hope you get your photos back I need to transfer mine, so don't loose them again. I was glad to meet my goal of donating 11 dolls for National Dolls day, 10 used and 1 new. I haven't seen dolls in our local thrift store so 10 will go there. Haven't pulled out the beach Barbie bin yet to see if I can cull duplicates there yet, but we wen't from 70's to 80's and my dolly room is stuffy.Hope you feel better soon. Thankfully we are two weeks past getting shots and get to see some family for my dads 90th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame there isn't a way to donate directly to kids in need. Thrift stores are nice, and some of them do good, but there are a lot of for profit only thrift stores now that are stealing donations away from places like Goodwill that actually do something good for people with their profits. I used to donate a lot of dolls and toys to the Turning Point center for battered women and children. I washed all the second hand things and made sure everything looked like new. Some things still had tags on them. But they stopped being able to take second hand things due to new safety restrictions about cleanliness. This was before Covid too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.