Monday, September 2, 2024

Ken, But Wait, There's More: Dolls

  Finally, a post that isn't  all about Ken, although my life is right now. He is home, and  keeping Fuzzy and me very busy. It's  been super hot, so he has been sapped by the heat, as have I. We were under a heat advisory all week, so we went to Emma's house to  hang out  in her air conditioning a couple of days. He has his first real outpatient therapy this week. Temperatures are supposed to drop a bit, so hopefully he will be feeling more up to it. We did some stuff at home, but generally it was just so hot that he was weak, and I didn't want to put a drain on him. Today we did a bit more, as it's a little cooler.

  But, what you're really here for is dolls. I was out shopping for a  blood pressure cuff, etc. this week, and walked through the clearance and toy aisles at Walmart. Normally I don't like to encourage Walmart shopping, but there were a few good clearance things, and some nice dolls.

  As for the dolls, I saw that Walmart now has Naturalistas dolls. I showed you some from Target in a post last year. 


They also had the fashion packs.

I love the nightie.

  They also had a line called Latinistas, which I assume are by the same company. 


They are also very pretty dolls, and worth checking out. Both series of dolls were priced at $12.97 each. They also had the Naturalistas clothing packs.


  I also saw a couple of very articulated Fresh dolls.


 Both were good looking dolls, one being male and the other female. The articulation looked good, and they had nice faces. 

  There was a line called Fresh. Not sure if they're related. The hair on the blonde one is great.


 

  There was also a line of dolls I've never seen called Luv, which stands for Limitless, Unique, Vibrant, and their accompanying fashion packs.. They were interesting looking dolls. I'm not sure if they have any extra some articulation. I liked them though. 






  

There is a Ron in the currant line of Harry Potter dolls! Yay! 




Ron was always my favoutire character, and he gets the short end of the stick. I'm glad to see him making an appearance.

The VIP dolls looked a little cheap and ugly.


But the current line of Disney Descendants are pretty cool


The selection of Mini Brands was great. They had the books, shoes, purses, make sets, and what seemed an endless selection of others. I think at least half of one side of the aisle was Mini Brands. There were so many I'd love to buy, but they are so expensive. And of course, we've had no income for 7 weeks now.
 


 








  

  There were some great Mini Verse sets. Have I mentioned that I love tiny stuff?



  The Harry Potter Mini Verse sets were great too. Some of the stuff was so detailed. I love this stuff!



In the clearance aisle they had Rainbow High shoes and purse singles for only $2.00, and Mini Bratz for only $4.00. I had to go back today. The Rainbow High stuff was all gone, but the Mini Bratz were only $1 each!


  Yeah. Okay. That one display doll fell off while I was looking at them. Honestly. It really fell off on it's own.



 Which is not to say I didn't take it home with me.

   That's it. Ken keeps Fuzz and I busy, so I don't have much time any more. This post took three writing sessions. Sorry there were no photos. If I have to go back, (which I do, to return the blood pressure cuff I got.), maybe I will get some pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. I believe you when you say the item just fell off the shelf. That's happened to us at least 3 times in our WM. A loaf of bread fell off while we were just looking at it. Wasn't sitting awkwardly or anything. Another time I was walking down an aisle and just before I got to a display of men's underwear, 3 packages fell off, then 2 more! I was laughing as I picked up 2 of the fallen ones and scooted the others out of the way. Again, they weren't placed improperly.
    That heat last week was horrible. We had a yard sale and were roasting the first 2 days. Cold front started coming in on the 3rd day and humidity started decreasing.
    Hang in there - Fall is coming!

    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Naturalistas have poopy mobility, but oh, is their hair fun! I had no idea the Descendants were still being made! Shows how well I pay attention. Here's hoping this cool snap will stick around awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.