Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Who??

  Ok, this is another P.S.from the Fantastic finds post,for those too young to remember, or who just don't know who actress Nanette Fabray is. She's 92 years old. In her hey day she did alot of theatre and TV, and appeared in the movie The Band Wagon with Fred Astaire. Here she is:

  And here are those dolls again:
  See what I mean? I think it's the nose. Sorry I couldn't find a picture of her with her mouth shut. She did have red hair in The Band Wagon too. Rent the movie and check her out. It's a good one. Who doesn't love Fred Astaire?

2 comments:

  1. I think, think, think those dolls date from the 40s. I had a doll that was very similar to those. Celluloid was new and all the rage. If wasn't a flammable as some other products, and with just about every adult smoking that was a real factor. These were for children, so the washable oilcloth was "practical".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.