Saturday, October 27, 2018

Sad and Glad

  I haven't posted much lately. It's been a busy few weeks,for good and bad reasons. I posted about our anniversary trip in the midst of it, just because I had the post ready all but a couple of pictures I needed to add.
  It started a few weeks ago when my best friend Lori, who you may have read mention of here,was having heart problems again. We had quite a scare. It turned out that the problem was caused by a new medicine she had been given to get her heart back in rhythm. She called me in panic because she couldn't get off the floor and was having chest pains and trouble breathing.The problems came and went,but they lasted almost 24 hours and actually mimicked a heart attack. I ran her to the emergency room,but her symptoms,(by then severe chest and arm pain and vomiting), had calmed down by the time we got there. They shocked her heart back into rhythm and she was tired,but fine. A day or so after that her 93 year old father,who was a second dad to me,had to go into the hospital, and passed away a few days later.
  The only good thing has been that we had Ivy home from college just after that. She stayed for about a week and a half. After spending many sad days in the hospital it was nice to just veg with Ivy on the couch and watch TV. I hated to see her leave, but we will be seeing her again in a little over a week for her 19th birthday.
  So that's where I have been. I haven't forgotten that I have an anniversary present to show you,as well as a flea market haul that happened before all this started. Those posts are coming soon.

8 comments:

  1. What a lot to go through all at once! I hope that things improve for you and your friend soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'celebration of life' service, which just seemed like a funeral to me,was yesterday. Lori felt some relief from that in that now she would be able to move forward.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to share your life with us. I don't have a blog but I read a few doll blogs and I find that they are really all about life and sharing time and word space with others.
    I cannot imagine the energy it takes to keep a blog going. Please know that each post is precious to the readers, however often you can make them.
    In this crazy world, blogs are anchors which ground us in whatever our passions are and allow us to share those passions with others. Our family and loved ones might not share our passions but our blog friends certainly do.
    Thanks for posting through happy times and sad times. We are all in this doll world together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for your comment. Sometimes it does seem as though no one is reading.
      I think we do indeed get involved in the lives of those whose blogs we read. I was very saddened to find out that Vanessa of Van's Doll treasures had passed away. I found it out from another blog. I always wonder what happens to those bloggers I've followed who just disappeared without explanation. I've instructed my family that if anything happens to me, to please let my readers know.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that they found out what was wrong. Hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I'm sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you recently, let's hope that is the end of the horrible things and you can move on.
    I look forward to seeing your posts really soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.It's been much worse for Lori. The service for her dad was Sunday and tonight I helped her clear out his closet,etc. Hopefully soon she can start to be able to put her mind to other things and start to heal.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.