Thursday, November 1, 2018

A belated Happy Halloween and a trip to the Cheesebarn

  Belated Happy Halloween! I was supposed to hand out candy yesterday,but it was pouring rain all day. The way our house is configured we only use the back door to go in and out,and to hand out candy I sort of just have to take a chair out to the sidewalk. We hardly had any trick or treaters the last year or two,and with the rain I anticipated even fewer. Plus it was cold and I have a cold. I also remembered that Ken would only have yesterday and next Monday off for a trip out of town,m and I still wanted to buy Ivy some of her favourite cheese from the cheese shop that is about an hour away,before we go up to her college to see her on her birthday next week. So Ken and I took a little shopping trip instead of handing out candy.I feel guilty about it, since our kids always went trick or treating, but,well,you already heard all my excuses.
  I had planned to take some Halloween photos for the blog,but recent occurrences prevented me from getting it done in time. So Tammy World went with us yesterday,dressed in her cowgirl costume,to hopefully get a chance to pose for a picture.

Play spot the Tammy World.


There she is!

 You can see from the pictures how dark and rainy it was.

And how wet her hair was!

 Tammy was soaked by the time her shoot was finished.



But at least we were only out in it for a few minutes. The camera lens steamed up while I was taking the pictures,so a lot of them came out too misty to use.



Her costume was too big,so she had to hike the skirt to her arm pits and fold the blouse up.That's why it's poking open. I was in a hurry, as I was getting wet and it was cold.At least it didn;t take the 2 hours trick or treat does.

Then of course the internet kept going out last night so I couldn't get these posted! And there was more rain today,ALL day.  And it's colder than ever.  And my back and shoulders have been killing me. The cold makes it worse. I'm never going to get my leaves raked.


5 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Halloween to you too. The pictures are good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3rd November instead Tam! It sounds like you really shouldn't have been out in the rain anyway, I hope you've not made your cold worse. I like the photos of little Tammy World, she is a cutie and you'd never know it was cold and wet to look at her smiling face.
    I hope you got the cheese you wanted too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately my body has been refusing to get a full blown cold for a couple of weeks now! It keeps threatening, but fighting it off.We got probably too much cheese! It's so good there though! I think we came home with about 5 different kinds.

      Delete
  3. Tammy looks like she had a great time! I am sorry you have a cold. Amy's brand makes a "No Chicken Noodle" soup. I always keep a few cans in the panty. I find it comforting to eat when I am sick.

    I am heading to a doll show (sale) tomorrow. I am hoping to find some inexpensive dolls that can be re-dressed for our doll club luncheon next year. I guess I should say "ebay re-dressed" (laugh) because I don't sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm familiar with Amy's products,(I love the meatloaf.),but I've never seen the no chicken noodle soup. That sounds great! I'm partial to fake chicken stuff. I'll have to look for that. The stores here carry the Amy's frozen,but I'll have to search for the canned products.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.