Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A New Virtual Doll Convention and New Tonner Dolls

  Ken and I have had a date to photograph a wedding for months now. We were paid ages ago,for the wedding that was originally supposed to be in May or June. The wedding date got moved due to the virus,and it finally happened Saturday. I had part of the thousands of pictures we took edited, nd my computerfinally died it's final death. It's been a while coming, so it was no big surprise,just really bad timing. I've been trying to get it back on for three days, but I think I can safely say it's a goner. So, now I have to find some way to get ALL my photos off the old computer, and figure out some way to get mine fixed or replaced. The money for the wedding photos was supposed to be for our trip to Englnad, which admittedly isn't going to happen for a while now,but it will still be needed when it does. So I don't know what I'm going to do. At the moment I'm using Ken's computer,and I feel like I'm working at Dennis Nedrey's desk in "Jurassic Park". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_UPLVX9O8k
  I have been trying to get my computer back on for days because I had some things to share with you. First of all, there's another virtual doll convention, next month. 'Summer Fling' begins July 30th and ends August 2nd.  The cost is $15. You can find out all about it and register HERE.
  Sideshow,maker of great figures of famous people in iconic roles, also had a virtual convention recently. You can still see some of the videos from it,which you can find out about HERE. You can get $15 off by signing up for their newsletter. Remember Robert Tonner's short lived Phyn and Aero dolls? Sideshow is now working with Robert Tonner's Phyn and Aero dolls, and has two new dolls available now.



You can see them on the Sideshow site HERE,,and you can watch Sideshow's interview with Robert from the virtual con HERE.
  That's it for today. Hopefully I will solve my computer problems soon. One way or another I'll be back at the end of the month with the playset of the month.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting to see Robert is still putting them out there! Love Annora, but she's pricey! A bit too pricey for me right now. :(

    Hope you get your 'puter fixed soon Tam, I know it's frustrating not having one of your own to work on.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Way out of my range too. I'm still battling with the computer. I don't know what I'm going to do about it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get things worked out with the computer. Geez, that is awful timing for you.

    I have been "attending" the Virtual Doll Convention. I am having so much fun. I enjoyed the program today about how to clean dolls.

    Last week, I "attended" the United Federation of Doll Clubs convention. It was amazing. There is so much to learn about dolls. The souvenir doll was a Little Darling. I didn't order one but I think they are adorable. Next year the convention will be in Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to have a Little Darling. How did you resist?

      Delete
  3. Oh no, that really is bad timing for your computer to die Tam, I hope you're able to get the photos sorted out soon.
    I saw the interview with Robert Tonner and was interested to hear that he was inspired as a young child by the Sasha Morgenthaler dolls, that was a big surprise!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you figured out the computer in the next few posts, sorry about to hear about the lingering death. I hope you got the wedding pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.