Here are the rules she listed for accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who awarded you. Check! Thanks Treesa!
2. Answer their questions. See below.
3. Nominate at least 5 other doll blogs you love. I'll do that at the end of the post.
4. Notify them that they have an award. Check.
5. Leave at least 5 questions for them to answer. I'll leave those after the list of nominees.
So here are Treesa's questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
I wanted to share my collection and my finds with other doll people, because my family aren't really interested, and I didn't have any doll friends except people I see once or twice a year at doll shows. I was also inspired to do some doll photography by some great photographers on blogs and on Flickr.(Someday soon I want to do a post on some of the great doll photos on Flickr.) I have also always enjoyed writing, and writing the blog lets some of that out.
2. Are there other bloggers who have inspired you?
I love Vanessa's doll soap opera on Van's Doll Treasures. She has some great dioramas and characters.I like seeing the props and furniture she has made or found for her dioramas. I also used to like a blog called Dollies With Holes in Their Stockings, because she had a great sense of humour. She also had one called Dolly Fever, but unfortunately she doesn't write either any more.But I just found her on Flickr! And I love The Toy Box Philosopher. Emily is funny and informative and smart.I also enjoy Tracy's Toys.
3. Do you have any future goals for your blog, and if so what are they?
I'd just like people to enjoy reading the blog. I hope they sometimes find it amusing. I like sharing dolls that others might not have seen, the same I as enjoy seeing other people's dolls. At some point I might actually post a story I've written. I enjoy photography, so I'll keep posting lots of photos. I really enjoyed doing theme week posts, and I'd like to find time to do some more of those.
4. What is the one piece of advice you would give to new bloggers that you wish someone had told you before you started blogging?
I don't know that I have any "If I had known that then" advice. Just remember that if you want readers you have to post a lot at first and stay with it fairly regularly. You have to put good tags on your posts. And make sure it's fun. Don't force it or you'll get a boring post out of it. And don't let it take up too much of your time.
5. What is your favorite doll line?
I don't have one. I like a little of everything, all sizes, looks, and eras. That's why I have too many dolls!
Ok, now to my nominations. First, I mentioned Vanessa at Van's Doll Treasures. Vanessa, if you can find time to participate, that would be great.You're nominated.
Next, Emily at The Toy Box Philosopher.
Third,Tracy, at Tracy's Toys
Fourth,I recently discovered Amber's House, and I really enjoy it. Amber, consider yourself nominated.
1. What is your favourite doll in your collection and why?
2. Do you still have any of your childhood dolls?
3.Have you ever considered, or even attempted to design your own doll?
4. Do you do most of your doll shopping in person or by mail?
5. Do you attend doll shows? Are there even any in your area?
There we go. Thanks Treesa. That was fun. Let's see if anybody carries it on.