Saturday, September 1, 2018

Exploring: The Kiddle Klub House

  Today we're going to look at the Kiddle Klub House.
The front of the Klub House shows Babe Biddle,Liddle Diddle, and Bunsen Burnie.
The Kiddle Klub House was sold in 1967, to accompany Mattel's Liddle Kiddles.



They really missed their chance here: Liddle Kiddle Kollection would have been a natural! 


The Liddle Kiddles were introduced in 1966. They had to have a place to hang out, right?

The top of the Klb House is a roof.
 The outside of the Klub House features artwork depicting a lot of the Liddle Kiddles available.

This is the back.Howard 'Biff' Boodle paints the Klub House while  Greta Griddle offers him a drink. I think Lola Liddle is trying to sail her boat in the puddle from the garden sprinkler.
It's a complete,(or should I say Komplete'?),Klub House,illustrated on every side except the bottom.

Calamity Jiddle illustrates one side.
Millie Middle,in her sandbox, and Florence Niddle,with her baby and carriage, illustrate the other side.
 The Klub House is made of vinyl,with a vacuform plastic interior.



The furniture is also vacuformed.




The inside of the lid has a vacuform figure 8 brick road.


You can watch the original commercial for some Mattel houses,including the Kiddle Klub House HERE


Emma found this Klub House at a yard sale. She makes some really good finds in the town where she lives.
  Tomorrow Lori and I are off to a flea market. It's a smaller one though,so I hope I find something. I'll let you know.

8 comments:

  1. I used to love those little kiddies, I didn't kmow that they had a club house, great find

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found an even nicer one at Goodwill once!

      Delete
  2. How cute! It came out a little after my childhood time so I didn't know about it. It looks like a toy I would have loved. Good luck at the flea market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still get one! I did great at the flea market. You'll see the results soon.

      Delete
  3. I really loved all the detail in toy houses like this back in the day. Specifically, I'm thinking about the Fisher-Price house, and I also vaguely remember a Fisher-Price Goldilocks and the Three Bears house. The images on the outside of this house remind me of those. The inside of the house, though, is a little bit too psychedelic for my tastes. The Kiddles also seem to have questionable ability at painting walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposedly little kids like their toys to be very colourful,so that,and the era,explains the psychedelia. The Kiddle kids can't help their bad painting.They are just children you know.

      Delete
  4. This is really cute, what a great find by your daughter. I do envy the things you and your family find at these yard sales and stores, I wish we had such good things just waiting to be discovered here! I went to watch the video of the advert on You Tube, very interesting, took me back!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the mentality about saving old toys is different there. I can't see why these sorts of things don't show up over there too. Emma does find some great things in the town where she lives. So did I recently, but that will be a long drawn out post,probably not until next year. I found a Kiddle Klubhouse once too. It was sitting in the middle of the floor at Goodwill and I think it was $1,and it was nicer than this one! It left me long ago,so i had to show this one. Glad you enjoy the links to Youtube.I'm glad to know people actually use the links.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.