Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Winner of the Doll Book is...

   This should have been easy.  As usual, here were few entries to a competition I've had. In this case, there were the fewest yet: only two.  The problem is, was Korglady entering? It only just occurred to me today that she might have been. The rules said that to enter, you had to name your favourite Doll Book of the Month Club entry. Did she mean The Doll People was her favourite Doll Book of the Month? She said she'd read them, so maybe she has them, so would she even want another copy?  I took it as an entry, and along with Dorothy's obvious entry, it was written on a small piece of paper and drawn 'at random', (As random as it can be when there are only two.), by Fuzzy. The winner was Korglady. If Korgady will respond, and tell me if she actually intended to enter, that would be great. If she didn't, Dorothy, you win. I might point out that both of these people have won prizes before, because they actually bother to enter. Do I just give away stuff no one wants, or what? 

   In any case, merry Christmas everybody! And happy holidays!

12 comments:

  1. I had my head up my butt, or I'd have entered, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully your head's in a 'better place' now! Keep it there for the upcoming competition. :)

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Tam!! Sorry for the confusion. I wasn’t actually entering the contest because I already have the book.😁 I was just commenting on a book that I love. If Dorothy would like the book she can have it. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clearing that up. As I said, it didn't even occur to me until the last minute that that might have been an entry. I was thinking that you said you had read them to your daughter, so you probably had them. There is always the library though.

      Delete
  3. congrats to the winner (or winners) and merry christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you. I hope you had a nice day with your family.

    I think your contests are fun. I think that people are just a bit crazed right now with all that is going on.

    I will be so happy when I can see my friends face-to-face again. I really miss our doll club meetings, although we are able to meet on Zoom. And I really, really, really miss being able to take Afternoon Tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're the winner Dorothy! I hope you enjoy the book. A good read will keep you busy in quarantine. Congrats!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and a belated merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
    3. Dear Tam, yeaaaa! Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I would've entered, but I already own a copy of the book. Still, getting one or two entries is a lot better than getting no entries. A belated Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's kind of you to offer the giveaway! I am another who already owns the book, and the sequel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.