Saturday, January 16, 2021

A Belated Christmas List

   I haven't been around for  while. As I've said before, it isn't as convenient to post when I don't have a computer of my own. (I have a cell phone, (without phone service) now, and everybody keeps telling me how I can do the blog on that. There's no way! I am terrible at typing on those things, and there's no way I can edit photos on there.) Also, I've been spending what time I can with Ivy, as she will be going back to college next month. As a consequence,  I am falling way behind in my posts. I never showed you my small doll show haul. I still will though. (I can't believe that was back in October! I didn't realize it was that long ago until I looked back to check on something!) I still need to show you Elasti Girl, from my Christmas presents, in more detail, and I made a very cool Goodwill haul recently. So I have a lot to do. But, it's like SNL character Middle Aged Man's gut: "I'm workin' on it!"

  I undecorated our Christmas tree, and I need to repack a few Christmas tubs to once again narrow down the main tub of things we put on the tree. I put even less stuff on this year than I did last time. I pretty much only put the following on the tree:

1. ornaments the kids made

2. ornaments with the kids' pictures, which are mostly ones they made at school

3. ornaments Unsentimental Niece made for me, or sold me when she was in Brownies

4. the ornament Emma sold for school

5. the Kermit ornament Lori bought me for Christmas about a million years ago, (70's or maybe early 80's)

6. ornaments our friend Kathy made for us when we got married, and our first married Christmas

7.  A couple of blown glass 'bubbles' that I love. I somehow ended up with two when Ken and the kids bought me one to replace one that got broken...but why are there two now?

8. mini stocking my mom gave me one year

9. sparkly ornament shaped gift tag Dad got on a Christmas present in the nursing home and gave to me. It was the last thing he gave me.

10. ornament my friend Lisa, (The one I visited in Texas), gave us when we got married

11. two ornaments I made in second grade

12. antique ornament Fuzz and I found on a thrown out Christmas tree on the way home from school one day when Fuzz was small.

13.our first Christmas together, first married Christmas, and first Christmas as parents ornaments

14. ornaments from Ken's sister Diane, including one that's a frame. I put a picture of Ken and all his sisters in it that was taken when we visited.

There's also the angel, and paper chains the kids made.

  That's most of the important stuff, right? I also snuck on a couple of my favourite ornaments, like the moon with a face I got at Harrods.When I find them I'll put a North Wind, and a snow fairy in the box. Those have always been two of my favourites.

Ken always insists on lots of lights. My rose shaped lights don't seem to work any more. I'll have to work on those. I do have the winged pig lights Emma bought for me because I love pigs though.

  I honestly didn't have any dolls on my Christmas list last year. I had recently fulfilled a couple long time wants with the Little Darling doll that kind reader Dorothy sent me, and the Savannah I got from TTBP Emily not long before Christmas. I really only have a few wants left. Most of those are hard to get or very expensive, so I wouldn't even ask for them. What are they? Well, if you have read any of my previous Christmas lists here on the blog, you'll know I wanted a Hamish, friend of Amelia Thimble. Well, I still do. 


He's quite pricey though. 

   I'd also still love to have a Helen Kish Lark doll. My favourite two are Creamcicle Lark, and Lark of the High Seas.



These are so far out of range I can't even see them!

  As I was telling Ken the other day, I still want a few more dolls to sort of complete a couple of collections. One collection is dolls made from the Drowsy head sculpt,(Like this one and this one and this one. There are also these ), and the dolls I still need are Teachy Keen and Baby Charlotte. The other collection is the talking, face moving dolls made by Mattel in the 60's. The dolls I need are Little Sister Look n Say, and Baby Secrets.



  I would love the Roldan doll I didn't buy at that last doll show,  and her Klumpe 'cousin', a girl with a suitcase. Of course, I would always love another Baps doll or Tiny Town doll, or more Caco dolls. I still haven't gotten my Animator's Collection Alice doll yet either.
I'm sure there are more I want if I think about it. (Of course there are!) Aready I'm thinking that I still would love to have Garden Patience, and I'd like to have a naked, bald Agnes Dreary to make into an Alice in Wonderland. (Look at the original illustrations. Alice was a grouchy looking kid.)
  I need to stop. I keep thinking of more!
  I promise there will be another post soon!

4 comments:

  1. I HATE texting! I can't even imagine using my phone to write an entire blog post. There is no way. I would not feel bad about the tree. In 2020 I didn't put up a tree at all and last year I just put up the tree and turned on the lights. Maybe 2022 we will have a fully decorated tree again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will too. Some day I would like to have a tiny tree on our buffet with a bunch of my vintage ornaments I got at yard sales on it.

      Delete
    2. That would look nice! I want to find some of our ornaments that got ruined. I know my Mom would be excited. We had the different flocked ones, including Disney. Our Santa and Mrs. Claus were one of those kits where you use sequins pinned on to decorate their clothes.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.