Saturday, February 10, 2018

Vanessa Morrison of Van's Doll Treasures

  A lot of you may have followed Vanessa Morrison of the blog Van's Doll Treasures.Vanessa was a cancer survivor, but had been having more problems. Her last post was last August. I had been very worried about her. Sadly, last week I found out that Vanessa passed away in October of last year. Many of you may already know this, but in case there are some of you who hadn't heard, I though I would pass on the news.
  I never met Vanessa. We had only 'talked' through the 'comments' on our respective blogs. Still, I felt she was a part of my life, part of my internet 'crowd'. Vanessa's blog was one of the very first couple of blogs I followed. Her blog inspired me to start my own.
  Vanessa was a talented lady. She made dioramas.designed and sewed doll clothes,made beautiful 1/6 scale furniture. At one point, determined to keep going, keep educating herself and adding to her range of talents, Vanessa took up woodworking,also and taught herself to cook. She seemed to be full of life and endlessly interested in making more of her life. How sad that we have lost her.

5 comments:

  1. thank you very much for posting. I've wondered about that.

    She has inspired me much to be creative with my new dollhobby, a hobby that originates in chronic illness.

    Rest in Peace Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also sad when I first heard about this :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out that she passed
    so sad to hear this
    I loved her work

    ReplyDelete
  4. This saddens me so much! I started watching Vanessa's YouTube channel series called A Barbie Fashion Doll Story, and it was so creative and beautiful! I never finished it and didn't watch it for years. Then I recently decided to watch and read her material again and Googled to see what else she was creating these days. I'll continue to pray for her family and friends for losing such an amazing woman. She's an inspiration to me too. Thank you for informing us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.