Monday, August 31, 2020

Playsets: Cookie Topper's Cozy Kitchen

  I have to apologize for the lateness of this post. It was scheduled to go on while I was gone, but it didn't publish. So I'm publishing it by hand. My hand, as you can tell, is back home from Georgia, which I'll tell you about soon. I'll catch you up on the Doll Book of the Month Club tomorrow. But first, this month's play set is, I think, Topper's Cozy Kitchen.


   It looks very similar to the Deluxe Reading Dream Kitchen. (Click the link to see mine.) The colours and design are similar. There's a good reason for that. Topper and Deluxe Reading were the same company. Deluxe Reading was the parent company, and they sold toys under various names, including Deluxe Topper, Deluxe Toy Creations, Deluxe Reading, Topper Corp., Topper Toy Group, and Topper Toys.


It says Topper right there.

  There is one major difference between the Deluxe Reading Dream Kitchen and the Topper Cozy Kitchen though: size. The Deluxe Reading Dream Kitchen is 1/6 scale, or Barbie/Fashion doll size. The Topper Cozy Kitchen is tiny. It's more 1/12, or dollhouse scale. The pieces are 4 1/2 inches tall.


Cookin' Goodis Tutti, forsaking her own white stove for Cookie Topper's Cozy Kitchen. You can see Tutti with her own stove in my post, HERE.

  It makes a good play kitchen for Tutti, or a regular kitchen for dolls like Dolly Darlings or something else short. I'm pretty sure it would be too short for Dawn though. What confuses me is, I've seen it on line as Penny Brite's kitchen, and it's way too small for her. She's even bigger than Tutti. Besides that, Penny Brite had her own kitchen set. (Oddly enough, Dawn's Apartment used the same stove mold as  Penny's kitchen, even though Dawn was way too small for it. You can see my post on Dawn's Apartment, which also shows you Penny's kitchen, HERE.)
   Here's a picture of the Cozy Kitchen set in the box. As you can see, the set originally came with the stove, sink, fridge, a table and chairs, and  a chandelier.


You'll notice that the pieces aren't always the same colour, although the same colours are used in the set. 
    And who is 'Cookie Topper'? As you can see, it is called 'Cookie Topper's Cozy Kitchen'. I assume there was a doll called 'Cookie Topper'. I can't find anything on such a doll though. If you Google 'cookie topper' you get sprinkles and icing decorations for topping cookies!
  I bought this set second hand. I originally had the table too, (Mine was pink.), but it had gotten separated from the set. I didn't know what it went to, and it was broken. The corner was missing, and it only had three legs, so, in a rare moment of common sense about such things, I threw it out or put it in a bunch of things for donation.
   Unlike the Dream Kitchen, none of the doors open. They're just hollow plastic pieces.



   The 'chrome' is worn on all the pieces.


The stove top, (and sink top), is a solid piece, although it is a separate piece from the rest of the stove. 



The hole and piece of plastic on the upper shelves are where there used to be non-removable plastic plates, as you can see in the picture of the boxed set, above.






 That's the playset for the month. I'll see you back here tomorrow for the Doll Book of the Month Club.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I like the idea of creating rooms for my dolls. I keep wanting to have a diorama. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How strange to create a set that none of the company's dolls can use! I realize you can make it work, but it should fit someone properly! And why on earth make a kids' toy have non-removeable dishes?? Of course they are going to try to remove them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there was a doll it fit that I don't know about.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.