Saturday, May 29, 2021

What Else Can Happen?

    Well, my luck is holding out. That's sarcasm, by the way. First my computer died last year, and I was forced to use Ken's. Then last week Ken's computer died. We ordered new computers, but they won't be here until July. So, we were lucky enough to be able to borrow Emma's old computer. Then there was another problem. Emma's 'old computer' really is old. We bought it for her when she was about 18. She's about to turn 30. Her computer is so old that it won't except updates any more. When we got it from her, her browser wouldn't support Blogger. That helps! So she said we could download another browser. We did, leaving her original browser on the computer because it had all her stuff already on it. So I was ready to get the second part of the doll show post up. I had it ready except for loading the pictures. But when I tried to load the pictures onto the computer, the memory card didn't show up. Ken got it to show up, but the computer wouldn't take any pictures because it was now too full, thanks to the other browser we downloaded. Ken said I could load the pictures straight from the memory card. So he set that up for me. I was sure I had left the pictures on the memory card when I did part one. Well guess what! I didn't! The rest of the pictures are on Ken's computer! So now I can't post part 2 unless we find some way to get the pictures off Ken's computer! It's always something!

 


  "In other news", this month marks my 8th blogaversary. You can read my very first post, about why I collect dolls, and what else I collect...and collecting in general HERE. I was going to do a giveaway to celebrate, but with all the computer goings-on I didn't. So, to celebrate getting the new computer up and running, I'll be doing the give-away then. Stay tuned for more details as we wait for the computer.           

  Next up: The highway dolls. You may remember, a few posts back, reading about the dolls Ken and I rescued from the highway. Debbie from Black Doll Collecting did indeed adopt the little mask faced doll in pink and white gingham. Beth in WV, your Diane Durand doll awaits you. Just message me with your address for figuring postal costs. Other than those two, nobody has asked about any of the poor highway dolls. I really can't keep them, as I have too many dolls I do want already, and want more. And I don't want to donate them, because their...'injuries' will surely get them trashed. I'd rather give them to someone who would like to try and rehabilitate them. It seems especially a shame to throw away the handmade ones. Someone put a lot of work and artistry into them. Most of them will just need a stitch here and there and some clean up.  Some will require a bit more work than that. They'd make a nice project for a warm summer when you're relaxing, or a cold winter when it's too cold to do anything besides nestle down in front of the fire or the TV with a nice cozy doll project. So if anybody would like one, or more, of the highway dolls, just leave a comment letting me know which doll or dolls you want, your address, for figuring the postal cost, and your email address, so I can contact you. Comments aren't made visible until I do so, so I will make sure your information isn't published. 

  So I'll be back in a day or so with the Doll book of the Month. Eventually I hope to be able to show you some handmade dolls I saw at the doll show, especially since I took the artist's card and promised I'd publish her details in the post. I also have a great story to tell you. (And it will have pictures!)  So it won't stay quiet around here.      

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it never rains but it pours, as they say!
    I must go and have a nose at your Highway Dolls, not to buy because we all know about the dreaded Spanish customs but just to be nosy and read how you came across them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Sharon! Some day, when we manage to go to England, maybe we will manage to also hit Spain, and I can bring you a doll! The gifts for family and friends are building up because it just costs too much to mail them!And of course now I'm hearing that customs fees are going crazy. I have a friend in Belgium who told me how ridiculous theirs are. It's all going to have to be delivered!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Tam, I am just now getting back online--what a spring/early summer it was! I totally forgot about the doll. Many apologies. My husband had a stroke/brain bleed brought on by uncontrolled hypertension, had emergency brain surgery, spent 10 days in ICU, and is finally recovered enough to prepare for a return to work. Whew! Anyway, if the doll is still available, my address is Beth Slusser, 333 Cole Street, Fairmont, WV 26554.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I got your doll! I'll get her boxed up and sent to you!

      Delete
    2. Crap! Did we send her to the wrong address?!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.