Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sweater Season Again...and Lantern Season Too

  Here it is December already! I know people always say it, but where has the year gone?! Time really does move a lot faster the older you get, which, is really unfair when you think about it. Not only does it mean the few years you have left go even quicker, but it means those miserable teenage years lasted FOREVER! I could have done with those going at a faster clip,believe me.
  Just an update,I found my original Mattel Hogwarts Heroes Harry Potter dolls and I have updated my post on the new Ron doll with a few comparison photos.
  Anyway,I wanted to show you a couple of things that are out this holiday season that might be usable with your dolls.
  The first is this 'ugly sweater' I got at Target.

It was $3.00

It's a Christmas ornament. It came on a little metal hanger, and was thankfully only attached with a couple of stitches.
  It fits Barbies perfectly.

Like Tammy's mom, Dolly World. She has the older Barbie body, but she's looking to upgrade.
Most of the time the sweater ornaments are too bulky,too short or too long in the sleeves

Perfect!

Dolly liked the sweater so much,she wore it when she went Christmas shopping with Tammy.


You know how hard it is to get everyone in a photo looking at the same time.


Of course, when there are only two of them it should be easier!


Oh brother...


Forget it.


The sweater is nice though. Tammy's is from the 'Wizard Sweets Hermione Collection'.


Another find I made was this lantern from Dollar Tree. They have been sold out for a while, since I first spotted them. But when I was there the other day they had gotten them in again. I had an idea, so I nabbed one.


It looked like the bottom was painted cardboard.


I thought I could remove the bottom and put a battery powered tea light inside. However it wasn't. It was plastic.So what I thought was going to be an easy removal...wasn't. The joint in the middle was at least a starting point. I used a wire bending tool to pry it open.


I thought I could just snap pieces out, but the plastic was too bendy.
 


Then I also discovered that the whole lantern was easy to pop apart. I didn't want to do that though,in case the whole thing split. I think it might have been better had I done that. In the end it fell apart anyway.

 

I think the space inside is big enough for one of those battery tea lights,especially the smaller ones. However, I couldn't remember where I put the one I had out JUST THE OTHER DAY! So I have faked it up for you to show you how it looks lit up.


 I wanted to show you the lantern with a doll for size comparison.
 

   So there you go. In the coming weeks we'll look at vintage Christmas photos and toys, and there will be a review of the latest from Maru and Friends.

9 comments:

  1. When I was at Target yesterday, they only had the blue sweater with the puppy on it. Or maybe I should say jumper. :)

    I love Tammy's outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're allowed to say sweater. Now if you lived in my house it would be a jumper or a cardigan,(if it buttoned.). My kids grew up confused. Sometimes they didn't know which version of a word they had used because they grew up with both.
    Thanks.I'm not good at dressing child dolls in 'modern' styles. Plus there are no currant Stacie sized clothes, so Tammy had to make do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People around me have always used the word cardigan if it buttoned up. On the other hand, Mr. BTEG got me a very nice purple sweater with a matching purple cardigan for Christmas a few years ago. I said, "Ooh, a twin set!" My daughters both said, "What's a twin set?" Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents were 'down home; people,and we just called them sweaters. :) I have to confess, I had never heard of twin sets until i was an adult or at least late teens,and read a reference to twin sets somewhere.I had to find out what it was because I had no idea.

      Delete
  4. That is a cute little Christmas sweater, it would fit my Hana Angel and Irrealdolls Annic :) I have bought those little knitted sweater decorations in the past, only to find that they're seriously glued to the little metal hanger, and it's been a nightmare trying to get them off without ripping the sweaters!
    And the lattern is very good, the girls could go Carol singing and it wouldn't look out of place :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit the sweater with the blow dryer and the hanger will come off! Sometimes there is a little glue left but not too much!

      Delete
  5. I've bought some gluey sweaters too.I got lucky on this one though. It's too bad you are so far away and postage is such a monster,or I could send you some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your post! I got a few sweaters this year and a few new vests too. I need to work on them a little to get them up to my liking. I really want the Hermione sweater! It looks great the the red shell under and not the purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.