Friday, July 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #193: Native American Girl

  Today's doll is a cute girl.


She's this Native American doll.


She was made by Unimax in 1995,as part of their Dolls of All Nations series..


There were a lot of other dolls in the series, including,Spain, Korea,Japan,Mexico,Italy,Kenya, Uganda,China, England,Scotland,Sweden,Ireland,Germany, Switzerland, Holland,Poland,Austria, and Russia. They were pretty dolls, but they all had the same face sculpt.

 

She is wearing a faux buckskin dress.


There is fringe across the chest and down the sleeves,and across the bottom.


 
She originally also had a head band,double elsatics on her ponytails,a blue belt,and boots.



 

She's 12 inches tall.

 

She has a strung head,that can turn and tilt.
 



Her arms and legs have simple articulation and can't move out to the sides at all,and do not bend.


 I have another doll from the series. Maybe we'll see her someday.
  That's the doll for today. See you again for another doll tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute doll. She has a very pretty face. I just love dolls that represent different countries and cultures and I often can’t resist getting dolls like this when I find them at thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE the Dolls of All Nations! Have you seen my Midori? For some reason she seems to be an easy one to find, so it's nice to see another doll from the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an attractive doll. I wonder why there is no color on her lips, maybe it's just my computer monitor. I always enjoy seeing ethnic dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a very pretty doll and her colouring is lovely. I have never seen or heard of these dolls before. I would like to see others from this line, just out of curiosity.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't the first to say that. I suppose I'm going to have to post my other one too.

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen this line but I like the doll. And I like the idea. I think dolls are a great way for kids to learn about their world. I think sometimes in America we think we are the only ones out there. I know we aren't and other people know we aren't, but it does seem there are lots of people that think that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping I wasn't being offensive. I can be very blunt! I don't like that we have a reputation as "Ugly Americans", but its our own fault. We do have it good here, but other countries do as well. Okay, off my soapbox. lol

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.