Monday, July 15, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #196: Betsy Clark doll

  Today's doll is this little girl.


This sweet looking girl is The Original Betsy Clark doll.



She either has an orange stain on one cheek,or no blush on the other one.
She was made by Knickerbocker under license from Hallmark.


She was made in 1975.


She measures  14 inches tall.


Her head is vinyl,with rooted hair.


Her hands are vinyl too.


Her body is soft, stuffed cloth.


Her dress and apron are separate pieces and her clothes are removable.

There was a similar looking doll that came in a blue dress. But this little girl is all in pink and white.


Her shoes aren't.

I'm not sure which way the ruffles on her shoes go,and it seems, neither are they.
Her apron has a fake patch on it.



Betsy Clark was an artist known for her pastel pictures of sad, pointy headed children in patched clothes.

This one in particular looks like today's doll.

Betsy was thrown out of art school for not being able to follow the way she was 'supposed' to draw. Before being thrown out she worked briefly for Disney as part of her classes.


I have detailed some of Betsy's history in a previous post on a Betsy Clark doll. You can see that post HERE.


You can read the full history of Betsy HERE.



  That's all for today. Tomorrow we'll see another doll.

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll. She does not look sad. She looks contented. Does she have an orange circle on her cheek, maybe it's my computer monitor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drawings look a little sad. She definitely has an orange cheek. Maybe she should have two orange cheeks, or maybe she just has a stain.I'm not sure.

      Delete
  2. Although I don't like soft bodied dolls, I like this ones vinyl head, her face is very cute looking despite the staining...I wonder would it come off with something like acetone?
    I also like the shape of her hands, they are sweet and quite realistic looking, so I'll forgive her her squishy body ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stain or whatever it is seems soaked in. Maybe Magic Eraser? Although I have had no luck with that.

      Delete
  3. I had never seen her before until your blog. I think she's adorable. I don't like her different than Precious Moments though. I like both styles. Her clothes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.