Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter!

  Happy Easter! (for those of you who celebrate it.) We had a nice socially distanced day. We had lunch on the patio with Emma and AJ. We were outside and able to keep something of a distance,and still getting to see them. It was a bit drizzly while they were here,but not enough to deter us. After they left, the weather,typically,went sunny!
  Last night I stayed up VERY late making curried potatoes,for Emma. (Emma gave up eating eggs as eggs many years ago.It just bothered her. She gave eggs up completely for a couple of years,which is very tough. The world isn't built around vegans,or even near vegans like Ema was.She eats eggs in things now,but still can't bear to eat actual eggs.) I also made curried eggs from the cage free eggs for Ivy,and made curried eggs with the whatever eggs for Fuzz and Ken, who will eat most anything. In case you're wondering, I can't eat curried anything any more,but those eggs are delicious!
  I also spent most of the day working on finishing up Tammy World's new Easter dress. I found the fabric a few weeks ago, before quarantine started,when I was out doing my early Easter shopping. I thought it was cute,and would make a good Easter dress for Tammy.  I don't really sew, and I can't use a pattern. My method is pretty much 'sew it on the subject'. (This was quite a point of irritation for the kids when I made their Halloween costumes!) I sort of hold fabric up to the subject and cut it to fit and sew it,sometimes on the subject's body.
    I got the dress made all but finishing sewing and attaching the sleeves. I was having such a hard time, because sleeves are the part I still haven't managed to tackle in most cases. I had thought about having Tammy wear the little gray sweater from a Lori fashions pack anyway,and it was really late,and I did have to finish all those eggs... So,even though Ivy had chided me about not finishing the sleeves the day before,I was pretty much resigned to leaving the sleeves unfinished and covering it up with the sweater. That's when Ivy came downstairs and looked at my work. She asked me if I was going to finish,and offered to sew the sleeves on for me. I took her up on the offer.
  So here's Tammy in her new Easter dress.

It's printed with ducks and chicks and geese better scurry...Oh. Sorry! It's printed with ducks and chicks and Easter eggs!

 The sunshine lasted just long enough for me to take loads of photos. Then it went drab again.

With her favourite gift, a giant 'chocolate' bunny,and Fuzzy the Doll's Easter basket because I didn't want to dig hers out!
The dress without the sweater.
And with.
Tammy enjoyed a visit with the Easter Bunny.




In fact, they became quite good friends.






The part of the Easter Bunny was played by the bunny that came with a 2001 Madame Alexander doll called 'Easter Hop'.





She really liked that 'chocolate' bunny,which is not really chocolate. I'm not sure what it's made of.








I had some very tiny lace I bought at a miniature show that I used for her collar.





I wanted some nice anklets for her. I may have to make her some. That wasn't happening by Easter though!

I would have liked to have cuffs on her sleeves too, but let's not go crazy here!



This is pretty much the same picture, but the print of the dress comes out better in the one below.



  Tammy got tired of taking pictures. Her feet started hurting.


  I hope everybody had a nice day!

14 comments:

  1. Adorable Easter photo shoot. Stay safe and stay well.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute pictures! And for the record, curried potatoes sound heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't eat potatoes myself,but I love the curried eggs,which are exactly the same recipe except for eggs instead of potatoes.

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet Easter dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tam, that fabric is darling! Good job on the dress--I love the little bits of eyelet that peek out from the hem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I debated on having it show or not. In the end,peeking out won.

      Delete
  5. Picture perfect,lovely and sweet..I had to pull out my old card Easter dresses and the one on my Eater Barbie.Still too wet and squishy outside for dolls in open.Love the dress.Draping custom dresses is how the designers work.I was lucky to find a Skipper size dress to fit my Fern doll (w/ Harry Potter Ginny body.)The Only Hearts Lavender bunny was the right size.I love how you give collectors such great ideas and share your family traditions.Thanks for all you do!God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the dress turned out nicely. It is very pretty fabric. Tammy looks adorable.

    I am so with Emma. I don't eat eggs either. Eggs in a muffin, yes, but to eat an egg itself, no way. I think I stopped when I was 8 years old. It drove my mother crazy because eggs were a breakfast staple, but not after that.

    I am glad you had a nice Easter. I went to church on the "radio."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet fabric and the dress looks lovely on her. I think you did well to make it in time for Easter what with all those different eggs you had to make beforehand!
    And now I fancy an egg and mayonaise sandwich for my supper :)
    I hope you had a great Easter despite everything!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I could do curried eggs, but I LOVE deviled eggs. That dress is so cute! Reminds me of Daisy Kingdom and it was nice of Ivy to put the sleeves on for you. Her chocolate bunny looks grumpy, but then I guess if I was made to be eaten, I wouldn't look happy either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you not like spicy things?

      Delete
    2. I can't tolerate spicy things. I have to use sour cream with Pace MILD salsa. My family laughs at me. LOL Good naturedly, but they do laugh.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.