Saturday, April 11, 2020

Snow,Easter,and A Pretty View

  It's COLD today! Yesterday we had SNOW! Huge, slushy flakes fell several times during the day. We were hoping to be able to get together with Emma and her boyfriend on Easter, by having our lunch outside,so still being able to keep our distance. It's supposed to be warmer by then, but they are predicting scattered showers. I hope the weather holds out for Easter. I would like to visit with Emma, but I do think we should stay distanced. Emma and AJ are still going to work. They are staying distanced from the public, but they are still close to the other workers. She assures me they wash their hands 100's of times a day,but the chances still scare me. I worry about her and wish she could be staying home right now.
  On another note,some people are considering attending church on Sunday. Please remember that even if you don't fear for yourself,you could be carrying the virus without knowing it and pass it on to someone who might not survive it. You could pick it up from someone at church, and then pass it on to everyone else you come in contact with. Remember, "The Lord helps those who help themselves".  So help yourself,(and others) not get Covid-19 by staying home.
  On a lighter note,the photo of my sister-in-law's view seemed to be enjoyed by some of you. Her yard, or 'garden' as they call it in England,overlooks a beautiful field with horses,and more beauty beyond it. I thought I'd post another couple of pictures from our visit with her in 2015. It gives you something pretty to look at while you're sitting at home in quarantine. 


Emma in Diane's garden.
  See you again soon.


 

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh, thank you for the additional pictures. It looks like she lives in/on what they call "terraced" parts of the land?
    We had some snow showers yesterday with rain for tonight and tomorrow & high temps in the 60's then back to the 40's.
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that might be what it's called. She lives in a town that is full of hills,and she is up above the neighbours in back. It's quite a steep stree in front of her house!
      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the lovely views! We have had quite a lot of rain here in Cali, which is welcome news for the farmers and nurserymen, but will be a devil this summer for fires.We are glad to stay indoors an I am catching up on my audio books.Thanks for your great blog! Happy Easter to you and yours,God bless us everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome,and thanks for the kind words. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  3. These are lovely photos. I can imagine myself there.

    Ovation has been running Pride & Prejudice. The version with Colin Firth (drool!). It was on today and will be on tomorrow (Sunday). I never tire of looking at the English countryside.

    When I become a millionaire, I am going to go on a Jane Austen pilgrimage and travel to all of the places in her books and the places where she lived.

    Maybe I should just marry wealth. I wonder if Mr. Woodhouse is still available (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our nephew's wife,Carly,(the one who had cancer last year.) is a big Jane Austen fan,and they did just that. I am at a loss to see what so many women see in Colin Firth! I lean more in the Hugh Grant direction.

      Delete
  4. Your sister in law does have a lovely garden, I'm assuming that's in Yorkshire?
    I agree with you, people should not be going anywhere where there is a risk of passing on this dreadful virus to others, we haven't been anywhere. My husband hasn't been out in about 6 weeks now, I have just been out a few times to get food from the supermarket. And even that I find makes me really anxious.
    Stay safe and well, take care of yourselves and have a nice Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. She lives in Kirkburton in Huddersfield. I haven't been out in weeks either. Ken has been to the grocery store a couple of times and the post office once. It scares me when he goes. Happy Easter.

      Delete
  5. Love having more pictures of where she lives. Hard to believe that we have lost almost one million Americans since this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible. Every time things start improving, regulations are eased, (too soon!), and things get bad again. They need to keep the restrictions in place long enough to actually let the virus die out.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.