Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Play Sets: Iilco Kitchen

  The second part of the last post will have to wait a bit. Today is the last day of the month and time for the Play Set of the month!
  This month's play set is the Iilco kitchen.

There were originally middle cabinet doors too. I only have one because I bought mine at a yard sale,so I just leave them off and  pretend it's supposed to be this way!
  This kitchen was made in 1977. That accounts for the brown and gold colour scheme and the backsplash pattern.


    It was made by the Illfelder Toy Company of new York.
 

The kitchen was wired for electricity, and powered by D batteries.


  The electricity powered a huge outlet on the counter top...


...and the lights in the oven,which doubled as lights in the stove top burners.

Under the black plastic rings are clear plastic circles for the light to shine through.

This is under the burners,on the inside of the oven.
   The set originally came with a blender that really ran on the electricity by plugging into the outlet,and a set of yellow plastic kitchen ware that included a kettle, a sauce pan with lid, and a casserole dish with lid.

I found this picture of the box on the internet. I'll remove it if asked.
   There can also be running water too,by hooking a tube in the back up to water.

The water tube is next to the battery door. Probably not an entirely good idea.

This thing is really short. Has it been cut? How do you run water through it?

It says it recycles the water for a constant supply of running water. I'm not sure how it 'recycles' it though.
   The knob on the stove turns on the stove light,and the knob below the sink turns on the water.

I found this picture of the directions on the internet too.

The upper cupboard doors open...


...as well as the oven door...



...and the left bottom cupboard.
 
And what do I store in my kitchen? Why, another kitchen,of course.
The oven shelf is removable...and in this case, broken.


   Sorry for the somewhat grungy looking state of this thing. It's been stored in a tub, so I don't know why it looks so dirty.


  That's this month's play set. Tomorrow we'll see another Doll Book of the Month.

9 comments:

  1. A very nice set from the pre-pink era. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, what a fun find! I love the way this looks, right down to the backsplash:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say the oven looks a whole lot cleaner than my own oven at this moment in time!
    A cute set though, I like that it has the 'electricity' and running water, that would make it so much more fun and realistic!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this kitchen brand before. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would work for the extent of my cooking (laugh).

    For what size doll was this designed?

    You can just say that the middle cabinet is not "missing;" it's open storage like they have on the design shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 1/6 scale,Barbie sized.
      I don't use the odd door, so I can pretend that!

      Delete
  6. This looks like you cut a piece out of a real kitchen. A bit dated kitchen, but still a real kitchen. WHY put water so close to a source of electricity?? Sometimes I wonder how we survived as kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many dangerous things we lived through! Miniature electric irons that got really hot, hot Easy Bake Ovens and Thingmaker ovens, real pins holding Penny Brite's hair bow in. The list goes on!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.