Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Some Busy Work,Some Freezing Cold Gardening, and a Patience Photo Story

  It has been SO COLD the last couple of days. Yesterday it was about 42 Fahrenheit! (Today was not much better,at 43.) I got a lot accomplished yesterday though. Some of the plastic drawer units I keep my fabric in were getting squashed from the weight of being stacked. Ken helped me lift them and I did some rearranging so they could sit without being stacked on top of each other. Then I was able to resort my fabric drawers. That took AGES. I had them separated by pattern,(stars,polka dots,stripes,animals, flowers,fruits, period specific patterns,etc.) They had gotten a bit mixed up because I couldn't get some of the drawers open because they were squashed, so I was just sticking fabric in whichever drawers I could get open.
  In spite of the cold,I also harvested some of my leeks yesterday. I planted them years ago. They come back every year, but never get big enough to eat,and then start blooming. You may have seen the blooming leeks, (No pun intended,although they are really annoying...) on the blog. For instance,in some of the pictures of the mini Pippi I made for a Flickr friend.

You can see her whole post HERE.

  This year they are getting almost big enough to eat! I harvested a couple of young leeks that were a pretty decent size,and, accidentally, a tiny one. Ken and I both had a serving's worth last night though. Leeks are a veg that grows better in the cooler weather,so I think our really cool Spring has been just what they've been wanting.
  I also cut a few of the Hostas. Some of them were about 6 inches tall,and some weren't even that tall, but were starting to unfurl any way. It was enough for a nice little batch of them.
  On Easter I took some other pictures besides the ones of Tammy World. Doing Doll-A-Day has meant I rarely get to show you a doll more than once. Because I'm not doing it this year gives me a chance to 'play' with some dolls I haven't gotten to for a while. One of the dolls I have been looking forward to getting to do some pictures with again  is Patience. You can see her original post HERE. She posed for some pictures with a little ceramic bunny I have. I had no story in mind when I took the pictures,but as I was posting the photos on Flickr, a story just wrote itself. So here is my little story. Patience's dress is from an old 12 inch Effanbee doll, if I'm recalling correctly.
                                               Patience's Easter Adventure
 Patience went for a walk in the woods to pick some flowers...


It was very quiet in the woods.


A quiet rustle in the undergrowth caught her attention.


She couldn't tell where it was coming from.


"Ah."thought Patience,"I think it's coming from over there.Hello!" she called softly.


She saw a furry little creature hiding under the leaves. She decided to sit down and pretend not to notice, in hopes that the shy animal would come forward.


Eventually, she saw him,out of the corner of her eye.


"Hello." said Patience,"Who are you?" The little rabbit's nose twitched. "You may call me Pinky." he said,"How do you do?" "I'm very well thank you." said Patience,"You may call me Patience."


Pinky and Patience picked flowers all afternoon. Pinky ate them all, but Patience didn't mind.She was glad to have made a new friend.


As the sun began to fade Patience bid Pinky goodbye,promising to come visit him again soon. "And I will come to visit you in your garden." said Pinky.


"Hmm...yes,well,maybe I should visit you." said Patience, remembering the flowers. "Very well." said Pinky,"I'll see you soon!"


And I'll see you again soon.

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet story, Patience is very pretty, I was so tempted to get one of these when Tonner had a very good sale some time ago. Then I remembered Spanish customs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable all--the doll, the bunny, the photos, and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this story. I love Patience's dress. Isn't it wonderful how a story just finds its teller? That story was waiting in the garden for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like how you put that: 'waiting in the garden for you'. Sign of a writer for sure, Dorothy! I have a similar thing when I do the dollhouse stories. The difference is,I think of the stories as I go along, and take pictures to suit. The only problem is remembering them when I go through the pictures! I need to have a tape recorder running while I take the pictures and say the story out loud! The story is always better before I try to remember it later.

      Delete
  4. Patience is beautiful in that dress and your photo story with the bunny is so cute! Yeah the weather has been crazy here in KY too. The last two nights we’ve gotten temps below freezing. I hate how we get teased with warmer weather and then it gets really cold again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The weather has been beyond a tease this year, hasn't it?!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty little girl and darling little white rabbit/bunny.I am still looking for the perfect little bunny to go w/ a few of my Alice dolls. I have Thumper but would prefer a white one. What lovely flowers you have growing in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a white rabbit would definitely suit Alice better. I love my white bunny. I got him at a yard sale I think. He has a badly repaired broken ear. His glue ring shows in some of the photos. He's wonderful though! The purple flowers grow on that vine. It's nice,but very invasive. I have to keep it under control.

      Delete
  6. Aww, cute little white bunny. I have one with red eyes. Winter is such a little powder puff and so sweet. I am surprised she knows her name since she's been called Powder Puff, Cotton Ball, Fuzzy, Fuzz Ball, etc. lol

    I love Patience's dress and loved the little story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.