Friday, May 5, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #117: Freaky Fusion Neighthan Rot

    I spotted today's doll recently, and was a bit surprised. I haven't seen a Monster High doll at a thrift store in a while. And even when I did, I almost never saw the male dolls.  I have one, but he's missing a foot. So I nabbed this guy. His name is Neighthan Rot.


  He's from a 2013 line of Monster High dolls called Freaky Fusion. He's supposed to be 'two monsters in one'. I guess he's a zombie unicorn? (Apparently he calls himself a 'zombiecorn'.) Thus the name: Neigh-than (Nathan), Rot. He is decomposing. One side of his face and one arm and hand are decomposed.



But the rest of his face and his other hand are fine.



And he definitely has a tail growing out of his back, just above his pants.





He has ears and a horn sticking out of his hat, which also has horns. Or at least spikes.


The hat has raised stitching details.


    A zombie and a unicorn? For one thing, a unicorn isn't a monster, just a magical creature. For another thing, a zombie...human? Mated with a unicorn? We're getting into weird territory here.

  He has a multicoloured tail and ponytail.


  Another thing that impressed me when I found him was that he's so complete. Other than his big yellow boots, he has his complete outfit: the hat, a shirt that looks like his internals...


...and a pair of pants that look like...?



  Like all Monster High dolls he's nicely articulated.




  That's the doll for today. Emma got her stent put in today, and has stopped leaking externally. She's feeling better and less in pain by now. She was still not allowed solid foods today. Hopefully she will get to go home tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Glad Emma is feeling better, I am sure she is looking forward to solid food! The doll is definitely odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's established in the Monster High universe that unicorns and dragon characters, like Jinafire Long, can use their magical abilities to shape-shift into a two-legged, humanoid form. Just don't ask me how it works. Other, more hardcore Monster High fans may know.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.