Monday, May 29, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 # 141: American Girl Wellie Wishers Camille

   Today's doll is one I found at a thrift store. She's Camille.


  Camille is an American Girls Wellie Wishers doll.



I have been wanting Wellie Wishers Willa, the red head. But you get what you can find if you're cheap.



As a Wellie Wisher she would probably have come wearing a pair of rubber boots, or 'wellies'. ('Wellies' is short for Wellington boots, named for Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington. Apparently he wanted his boots to be a little shorter, so they would be better in warmer weather, and he could wear them with his evening clothes. So, he had his shoe maker make him a pair to his description, and the Wellington boot was born.

  Anyway, I got mine naked from the thrift store. She's instead wearing a dress that was on a Tiny Tears when I bought it. It didn't fit Tiny anyway.




  The Wellie Wishers debuted in 2016, for kids who were not old enough for the regular 18 inch American Girl dolls, but not toddlers anymore.  



  Wellie Wishers are 14 1/2 inches tall, and all vinyl.




Early Wellie Wishers had vinyl limbs and a hard plastic torso, and a raised 'W' logo. Later dolls, post 2021, were all vinyl with a sunken 'W' logo, so I think this doll is a later version, .

She has the standard articulation of neck, shoulders, and hips.




  Her blue eyes are inset plastic eyes.



She has a mark next to her eye that wouldn't come off with Magic Eraser,.

  She has painted on lashes, and brows that are individually painted hairs.

  



The best part about this doll, and the line in general,(besides those cute boots, which

I don't have), is the teeth. They all have two cute little front teeth.



  I think my girl has had a hair cut. Her hair would have originally been longer than this.



  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I love the Wellie Wishers. They are so cute. When they first came out I got Willa for my daughter for her birthday. My daughter is “too old for dolls now” so this doll is now part of my collection. Recently I found a Willa in good condition at Goodwill. I couldn’t leave her behind so I bought her. Since I have an extra Willa, she’s yours if you want it.
    - Korglady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful! Does she even have her boots? : ) Would you like Camille in return?

      Delete
    2. While the doll is in good condition, she did not come with her original outfit. She was actually wearing an American Girl Luciana dress when I found her, which was another reason I purchased a doll I already owned (and she was only $4). Willa is currently wearing a Glitter Girls outfit that I picked up cheap on clearance a while back. I can email you a picture of her if you’d like. Also, I don’t have a Camille, so the offer is tempting.

      Delete
    3. It's up to you which you'd like. I'll email you, probably tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I've always liked this doll, but Wellie Wishers are out of my price range. My niece had this one, tho, so when I heard she felt 'too old for dolls' and my sister was selling them off, I got quite excited at the chance to finally get a Camille for cheap. But nope, I think the American Girls and their cohorts were the first to be snatched up on Facebook marketplace. I'm not salty about that or anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.