Sunday, May 7, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #119: Dollhouse Grandparents

Today's doll is two: this set of dollhouse grandparents.


  They aren't labeled in any way, but after looking at another doll tagged as a Betty Curtis doll, and looking at Betty Curtis dolls online, I'm pretty sure they were made by Betty Curtis.

My stupid autofocus focused on the wrong thing again, so their faces are a bit blurry. But they re so cute, sitting there holding hands, that I had to show you.

  Betty Curtis was a NIADA artist. Niada stands for National Institute of American of Doll Artists. You can see many of her dolls online by Googling her name.

  These two are dollhouse scale, about 6 inches tall. I'm not sure what their faces are made of. It's some stretchy fabric, but there's obviously some form under the fabric, because they have three dimensional features.


The rest of them is covered in something heavier than stockingette, but still stretchy.


Grampa has a beard and mustache.


But he's going bald.


"Them's fightin' words!"


Cool off Gramps. "I'll take ya on right here!"


"Put 'em up!"


While Grampa regains his composure, let's look at Grama. 


I'm not sure what her hair is made of, but it's a natural mix of shades.


  Grama has a pretty little cameo necklace.


She also has some nice vintage lace on her dress.

Under her dress she's wearing a slip, and bloomers, maybe even two layers of bloomers. It kind of looks that way.



   I think their little shoes are made of leather. It looks like leather, but is so thin. It must be kid leather.



Both are bendable. Their arms and legs, and upper bodies can bend. They can't turn their heads though.




They have some nice clothes. I like Grama's dress. The fabric is very thin, and falls naturally on a small figure. 


Grampa has a tie and some very nice suspenders. The metal parts are made of what seems to be foil paper.



  I think the things I was most impressed by were Grampa's beard and mustache, and his glasses. 



They're made of super thin wire. It's twisted on the sides, and at the nose piece. I was least impressed by his stub hands.

"Them's fightin' words..."



Oh give me a break Grampa.

  Those are today's dolls.


  See you tomorrow for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.