Saturday, May 20, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #132: My Scene And Happy 10th Blogaversary To Me!

   I missed it. I was going to do something special for my 10th blogaversary, and I missed it. It was yesterday. Tammy World wasn't prepared either because she left her banner at home. So here's an old picture.


  Hard to believe I started this thing 10 years ago. Time really does fly past when you get past 50. Now I'm past 60. I can't believe that either. I don't feel I can possibly be that old. My youngest kid graduated from college last year, and now lives in another state, with an apartment and a job. Weird. 

  Of course, things are a bit different for me at the moment. If I were home I could do a 10th blogaversary post by taking a cool picture of all my favourite dolls, or all the dolls from my top 10 posts of all time. But, I'm not. I'm at Emma's because of the fire. Ken is still filling bags with rubble two days a week, and I'm still sorting through them to rescue Fuzzy's stuff from the insulation fluff and plaster chunks. Last week I cleared out some plastic storage drawers that were so melted that I had to drag the stuff out through the melt holes. It was mostly Lego Bionicle pieces, but occasionally I came across a tiny chain saw or hat, or eensy handmade Christmas cards I made years ago, all the belongings of Fuzzy the Doll. It's been rough on me, and so rough that Fuzz can't bear to do it.

  Anyway, I do still plan to finish my posts on the trip we took last Fall. I also have a couple of reviews coming up, if I ever get the chance. The thing about doing daily doll posts is, it makes it hard to do other posts on accessories or whatever. And I am also stupid enough to have committed to daily doll posts, and also still do a monthly book post. I solved one problem with getting the trip posts done. Even though Ken lost the memory cards, I remembered that I had sent pictures along the way, via Facebook messenger, to the kids, and my sister, and once we were back, to Ken's sisters. I was able to retrieve all those, and now I have some of the pictures I lost, or, at least, some of the phone ones. (Because, of course, I have lost my phone too! That happened a few weeks ago. And I had it in my hand right here in the parking lot!)

  So, lots to come. But today I am exhausted. I have spent the last couple of days washing, rewashing, (and Spray and Washing repeatedly!) two loads of retrieved Fuzzy clothes, and some things from the Room of Water that were packed off to storage wet, and I discovered moldy and mildewy a few nights ago. To fulfil my commitment I need to give you a doll for today. I present to you, three My Scene dolls rescued from the Room of Water.

Okay, that's just two. (I think they are Barbie and Chelsea.) Here's the other one.

I'm pretty sure he's My Scene Hudson. He's way more articulated than the girls. He's jointed at the neck, waist, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.

I prefer dark hair and dark eyes, and way smaller eyebrows. He looks a little full of himself for my tastes.



The ladies have very silky hair. 



They all had a wash when they arrived, and these two had a condition and comb out. 


Chelsea has her big feet on, but Barbie is barefoot.


Of the two, Chelsea is my favourite. I think she's a keeper. Sorry about her state of undress, but she is ony plastic, and not exactly anatomically correct.


I don't exactly have my supply of doll clothes here.
  Here's a bonus for you. I hope I haven't shown you these already! All these dolls got wet too. I had to wash all of these guys. They survived pretty well, except Merida has permanent mildew stains on her legs now. And her dress will need a Stain Devils treatment for the same.


You may have seen several of these dolls on the blog. I know I showed you the MC2 dolls, the Disney Descendants dolls, and the La Dee Da doll. The tiny girl second from the right , on the top, is a Winx doll, but not the one I showed with the bigger girls in my Winx post. I think some of the others were in the Disney Descendants post. 

  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.