Saturday, March 14, 2020

Where is the Post on My Birthday Presents?

  Well, the snow is coming down in big, fluffy flakes. My six, or so, inch daffodils are braving the cold. My poor lilacs are budding, so I hope they survive this.
  I have plenty of goodies to show you,which I have accumulated during what Ken is calling my 'birthday month'. I have been treated to some thrift store trips,and antique store trips lately, as well as being given some nice birthday presents. I was supposed to be at a doll show today,but due to the Corona virus,it was cancelled. I thought we shouldn't go,even if it wasn't. I am trying not to take any chances. Ivy's college is closing early for Spring break, and isn't sure it will reopen for the last semester. Ivy's pretty upset about it. She has been working hard on the play "12 Angry Men". She's doing the costumes for it, and she's actually in this one. She has a few lines. She loves her job in the costume shop, and she loves college,so she's very unhappy. Her call to say she had to come home was tearful. But,the gist of this is, due to Ivy's early arrival, I immediately have to clear out all the stuff I switched from Emma's room to Ivy's room, (so I could tear Emma's room apart), back to Emma's room. Ivy will need her room when she gets home, plus I still haven't gotten that bed put together! I thought I had until the end of the month. The good news is, I did finally figure out, (Thanks to some YouTube videos),a way to make her fold out bed fold out and have a leg (or two) to stand on! Ken and I got the wood the other day. Emma took some stuff she wanted out of her room,I cleared some stuff up in there and took some more stuff out of her closet that she wants,before I fill the space with tubs and boxes again. So my post on all the goodies will have to wait until Ivy's bed is done. I only have until Wednesday though, because that's when I go to Indiana to get her. So it won't be too many more days. Hang in there!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Birthday Lady, take as much time as you need. I will be excited to see all of your goodies when you post photos.

    And, oh my goodness, you have snow? It's Spring here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're getting snow? We have no snow up here, although we also don't have daffodils out either. And our lilacs don't appear until May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Ivy, but better safe than sorry. We're on lockdown now in Spain, so I'm relying on you to show us all your goodies! :)
    Stay safe!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, here is where it started getting crazy. I am sorry it ruined Ivy's college time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't go back the whole year I think. I wasn't sure about her going back recently because the numbers were up again, but they have just said that they are down again. Shew!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.