Monday, March 23, 2020

Daisy Kingdom Rainy Day Wear

  I was recently tagged by a Flickr friend to post a 'Spring coat' picture. What I used wasn't technically a Spring coat,but it sort of fits the bill. Also,I've been wanting to play with it for ages!

 

 Some of you may have seen Ivy's Daisy Kingdom doll and her wardrobe in the post I did back in November. You can see that HERE. Well, way back when we bought that doll and her clothes, we also bought this raincoat and hat. Ivy ended up with a yellow rain slicker and matching hat, and a pair of red rain boots. I'm not sure if she already had them,or if she got them later. In any case, I loved this raincoat set, and kept it for myself. What an awful mom! It's ok though,because when I took these pictures today Ivy told me this raincoat was UGLY. She hates it. So I feel less guilty now!


  This raincoat set is made by Daisy Kingdom. 

When I got it I didn't have a doll to wear it except maybe my Little Miss No Name. After all these years I have any number of dolls that could wear it. I pulled Maru and Friends Jamie out today because I thought she'd look good in it.
 
She's posing with my lilac buds.
  She's a little big for it though. Well, her arms are a bit too long for the sleeves.


  The hat is also a little big for her head.
 

Otherwise it fits her quite well.


She's posing with my poor daffodils. They are trying to bloom, but we had snow again today!


Jamie is wearing her own knee socks and pink boots.


They are faux suede and not made for mud!


There you go! I got another post out! 


It gives you a few minutes of something besides you-know-what to think about. See you again soon!

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit on an adorable doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Jamie doll looks rather cute in this ensemble, and the coat's color scheme and print sure screams 'spring' to me. It's very 'April showers'. Which reminds me of that old joke: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims!
    I hope I made you smile, or at least roll your eyes.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at Jamie again made me wonder was I wise to have sold my Maru & Friends girl, now what was her name again.....Tanya! She was really pretty but I probably needed funds for someone else at the time so she left!
    Maybe one day I will invite another of these dolls to come and live here with me again.
    I love these spring like photos though (despite the snow! At least you were able to hide it here)....the coat fabric looks so pretty with her colouring.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rain outfit really suits Jamie. She looks adorable, amd all set for April showers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet rain set,I love the big floppy hat and how it wont crush her lovely curls. As we've had loads of rain here in so.cal. it seems appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's Daisy Kingdom, does that mean your Pansy doll could wear it? I just found a Pansy doll of my own (one quite different from yours), and I'm looking for clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie is adorable. I love the Maru dolls. As you know the sculpts were made by Dianna Effner who makes the Little Darling dolls. I think Jamie looks very sweet in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love the Little Darlings. I wish I could afford one.

      Delete
  8. I love that raincoat and would wear it now. LOL Of course since I am 47, people would probably look at me funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.