Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 # 10: Dollhouse Baby by Shackman

   Today's doll is this tiny fellow.


  This little guy was made by Shackman.


   He's about 2 3/4 inches tall. He's actually a little big to be a  1/12 scale baby. He's made of soft rubber, and his arms and legs are jointed. Of course, since he's supposed to be a baby, too young for standing, his legs are molded in a slightly curved position so he looks more correct sitting. 


His neck is probably jointed too, but his clothing makes it hard to move his arms, let alone his head. 


Under his fluffy coat he's wearing a shiny nylon onesie.


There was a female counterpart to this guy, who wears a pink fluffy coat. Or maybe it's just a boy who likes pink.

  I believe these particular Shackman dolls were made in Hong Kong.

  I got this doll at the last doll show, where I bought the tub of dolls. This doll wasn't in the tub, but he came in another great deal I got, where I bought a whole tray full of dollhouse dolls and miniatures for $5. He got stored in the big tub, and then we left soon after on our trip. I didn't even remember the tray of goodies until I  was looking for something else in the tub the other evening and came across this doll. AT first I thought, "What?" Then I spotted the doll I originally wanted to buy from the tray, and remembered. "Oh yeah!" There was some good stuff in the tray. We'll cover that soon. And we'll get back to that tub too. But for now... 

  The Shackman company was founded by a woman, Bertha Shackman, in 1898. The compnay still exists today. When I was a kid we used to get catalogs from Shackman, and I ordered a couple of dolls from them. Some day I'll show you those.

  That's all for today. See you tomorrow for another doll.

3 comments:

  1. He is very pretty.

    But I do not think that he can move his head. I did get a lot of Shackman dolls from EBay some years ago, and just like ARI dolls, they had a head that was moulded with the torso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I recall correctly, you are quite fond of dollhouse dolls, aren't you? This one's cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, but I don't really care for this guy. He's anybody's for the price of postage. (Speaking of, I still need to send you that doll! I will, I promise!). It was a few others in the tray I actually wanted, but the whole tray was $5, so who was going to argue?

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.