Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #19: One of a Kind Man AKA Not John Smith

   Today's doll is another Emma pulled out of her stuff. He's an OOAK, or one of a kind guy.


  From the looks of him, I'd say he was made from a Disney John Smith doll, from the movie "Pocahantas".


  


John Smith's blonde locks have been replaced by long straight black hair.


He has had his eyes and eyebrows, as well as his lips, repainted.


  Whoever customized him also gave him a ring, and painted nails.


I think the idea was to make his nails look more realistic, not like 'painted' nails.


He has a 17th century outfit. Not sure exactly what era of the 17th century, but around the Three Musketeers time period?  


He has  a long jacket, embellished with embroidery and silver trim.



His puffy short pants match his coat.


He has a vest under his coat.




And a huge lace cravat.


The same lace is used to make his huge lace cuffs.


He has white stockings and black Ken doll shoes. (He's missing one, but they are very common. I think the artist could have doctored up his plain Ken slip on shoes.)

  This fellow came from an auction, and there was nothing to say who the artist was. Somebody spent some time on this guy. He's not perfect, but I know he's better than I could have done. His clothes alone are more than I could have done!  

  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see another doll, and maybe two, as I try to get caught up with Doll-A-Day. With the fire, my hospital stay, being unwell after getting out of the hospital, trying to do things to help Emma out, rescuing damaged items from the house, and not having many of my own things here, I have gotten behind. But we WILL get caught up. We're still six days behind, but we're coming back!


mmmmmmm



4 comments:

  1. He seems to be missing part of an eyebrow but that outfit is amazing!! So is the re-root.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice that eyebrow. He also has a small bald patch in the front. Still, pretty good job.

      Delete
  2. He seems to have a Louis XIII kind of look. At least the eyebrow is easy to correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having a hard time deciding what Louis era he looks like.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.