Sunday, May 19, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #139: Caco Boy

   Today is my Blogaversary! It's been six years already! To celebrate,we're going to have a contest.   You can win something! For those of you who are following the blog,or would care to follow,(in other words, you have to be a follower, who shows up in the sidebar, to enter.),keep your eyes peeled for the contest details in the coming days.
  On Mother's Day Emma and I went to an antique mall. I was disappointed to find out that the one where I most often shopped, which was across the street from the one we went to,had closed down recently. I used to find some good things there,(like the beautiful Mary Hoyer type doll I got for $4.50. I did a post on her HERE.),and the sweet Toodles looking baby I got for $8 that I posted about HERE,and the great 1/6 scale accessories I got which I posted about HERE. The one we went to prices it's stuff a lot higher, even though it's all separate vendors,so I almost never find anything I can afford there. I find things I want, but not things I can afford. But on Mother's Day I found a few affordable goodies. Today we're going to look at one. I'll let Kay and Jeffrey introduce you. (And keep in mind that they are still supposed to be 1930's or 40's kids, with the sexist attitudes of the day,used here as jokes.)
  Kay: Hey Jeffrey! Come here! I have a surprise!


Jeffrey: Nah. Go away. I'm busy.


Kay: But it's important,and you're going to want to know about it.



Jeffrey: Just tell me now.


Kay: I'm not going to tell you unless you come down.


Jeffrey: Ok. Tell me. But hurry up. I have to get back to stuff. Kay: There's a new kid in the house!


Jeffrey: Nuh uh. We're the kids now.


Kay: Don't be silly Jeffrey,there can be more than one kid in the house!


Jeffrey: Well I don't want there to be. I don't even really want you here.



Kay: Well I'm calling him in Jeffrey. You're going to like him.

   
Kay: You can come in now!  New Kid: Hi! My name's Moe.


Jeffrey: Uh huh.


Kay: Moe,this is Jeffrey. Moe: I don't think he likes me.



Oh don't pay any attention to him. We're going to have lots of fun!


Yeah. Don't pay any attention to me, because I don't want to be bothered!

 
Kay: But Jeffrey,don't you see how much fun we can have with three of us?


 Moe: That's ok. Maybe I can go back to the farm.I could sleep in the barn with the horses.



Kay: Jeffrey,do you want to make him sleep with horses?


Jeffrey: Did you really have horses? Moe: They weren't mine, but I helped take care of them. I do have my own tractor though. Just a little one. You can ride it if you want.


Jeffrey: A kid sized tractor?


Moe: Yeah. A red one...with a wagon.



Gosh...Hey, you want to see my toys?


Moe: You bet! That would be swell!


Kay: I thought we were going to play house? Moe: Well...


Jeffrey: Come on Moe! We don't want to play with her! She's a girl!



Kay: And what's wrong with that?!



Jeffrey: A LOT. Nobody wants  to play with you 'cause you're boring and the stuff you play is stupid. Come on Moe!



 Moe: Sorry Kay.




Come on Moe. I've got jacks and marbles,and cars, and a top,and checkers,and...


Moe: Sorry Kay. I gotta go!




Moe, whispering: Maybe we can play house later.


Kay: Hrumph!




Kay: Fine! I don't need you two. Come here Kitty.


Kay: Don't worry Kitty. They'll come back. They're boys...


...and I'm learning to make cake.
  Oh, they might be back, but it's going to be a while.

Moe: Okay Jeffrey. Now it's my turn.

Moe: Jeffrey!

  You might notice Moe's head was a bit...shall we say...off center? It was pretty strange looking,and was actually more noticeable in the photos. But I fixed it. If you'll also notice, he looks better in the outside photos. As for those photos,I apologize they are a little blurry, but it was already raining and about to pour, so they were taken quickly. I will probably replace or add to them in a few days.
  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll check out another doll.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely dolls. Still prettier than the beautiful new Erna Meyer dolls that I ordered after seeing your old Erna Meyer doll.

    How does one become a follower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just click the little blue 'Follow' button under the list of followers in the right side bar.
      I inspired you to get an Erna Meyer doll? That's pretty good since she is so shabby!

      Delete
    2. Mine looks shabby I mean.

      Delete
  2. This is just utterly charming! Your little vignettes and photography (and props!) just make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I hate it when the good bargain stores close down! Moe and his tractor are super-cute, though! What’s great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tractor is a Hallmark ornament from a few year ago. I have been trying to find a doll that fits it,and these guys are perfect!

      Delete
  4. What a cute story. He will be back for sure. I like the authenticity of the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little story and the new boy is a cutie. I love the photos, they work so well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I've tried to enter the contest(I left a comment) but I don't show up in the side bar however I am following your blog. The blue bar only says "Unfollow" and I don't want to unfollow! I'm not sure how to fix it so I show up as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found you.Your comment showed up as 'anonymous'. I have just about given up on this whole 'following' thing. There were various suggestions about what is going wrong,which I mentioned in one post or another. I did see your answer to the question though, and I know who you are.

      Delete
  7. Tammy, I thoroughly enjoyed this storyline... You worked so hard and it is all cute and wonderful to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these doll house dolls. I have no idea how to become a follower though because that section over there has nothing under it! It says Followers and has a line but its blank. Anyway, I am following in my own way. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.