Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Problem With My Comments: Whaaat? and Meet the Mitten Kittens

  Just a quick note to say that I'm having trouble with my comments not publishing. If you left a comment in the last couple of days and you don't see it, or you're wondering why you didn't get a reply, it's because some of your comments disappeared when I 'published' them! Last night I published two and they didn't publish. And of course,once they're published or deleted, they completely disappear with no way to retrieve them. (That I know of. If anybody knows a solution to my problem, please let me in on it!) I thought the problem last night was that my sister had called me and I was distracted wen I pushed 'publish'. But then today I published what I thought was three, and only two showed up! And the one that disappeared was a nice compliment for Ivy, so I was going to make sure she heard. But now it's gone and I can't remember exactly what was said. The comments that disappeared last night were concerning a Pippi Longstocking doll. One was really long too, so I apologize to whoever it was that went to all that trouble. I don't even remember the name of the commenter, because I scanned the comments quickly to make sure they were ok to publish, and then, since my sister was talking to me I thought I would go over them in detail later when I had more time and concentration. But after I got off the phone I looked and they weren't there! So, to the Pippi person, I'd love to see your doll if you could leave that  link again.
  Now, just to liven up the look of things, here are the kids on Christmas eve, trying to do one of those 'Awkward Family Photos'.

  The two cats are Fuzzy's babies, Jimmy Stewart and Joey. Fuzz ended up adopting a passel of kittens and their mommy last spring when their owners had to move and couldn't take them. Most of them are Polydactyl cats, also called Hemmingway cats.(Author Ernest Hemmingway had Polydactyl cats, and their Polydactyl decendants still live on his property in Key West.) In other words, they have thumbs! Joey and Jimmy, his two favourites don't really have thumbs, but the others are mitten kittens, and some have more than one thumb per hand!
Columbia last summer. She's a big girl now,but not very big.


Fuzz with Arky and his sisters Columbia and Gastine. (Hey, Fuzz named these guys...)

And again. Gastine is the prettiest,Columbia is the sweetest, Joey is the most playful and a real character. Arky is antisocial with anybody but Fuzz.Joey and Jimmy didn't pose for pictures this day because they were definitely NOT looking for new homes and these guys supposedly were, They're still here...

Pretty Gastine. She's sort of tortoise shell, but instead of gold and black, she's orange and black.
Chapel, their momma.

So  with our own cats, Purdey, (Our amazing original cat, who will be 19 this spring!), and Mow,we have too many cats right now. But how do you resist kitties?! Fuzz is having a hard time letting go of his 'children'. I can't blame him.

10 comments:

  1. I left a compliment for Ivy and said something about my first Ai Doll:). But now I'm also curious about the Pippi Longstocking doll :D. I can remember seeing those dolls as a child, but I never had one. I recently had the same problems with my blog- I couldn't solve the problem, but it was suddenly gone. So I wish you good luck and hope it works now! :) The cats are too cute for words!!! They're so lovely - I couldn't let them go too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave Ivy your compliment in spirit, if not in the exact words, since I had remembered she'd gotten it. Which Ai doll did you get? If left to my own devices, (with a pile of money) I could probably end up with most of them. They're so cute. I only wish they were slightly more poseable. I'm hoping they'll loosen up over time. The Pippi doll had, I think the commenter said, the same head mold as my Georgette from Doll-A-Day 240. So far so good with yesterday's comments, so hopefully that's over. Wonderful cats, but 2 upstairs and 8 in the basement is a bit much! How do you let them go though?!

      Delete
    2. I got Rhodanthe - I will soon make a longer post about her on my new second blog. I shortly introduced her on my "Aeternum Somnium" blog. I agree, I love all of them - they're so lovely! Unfortunatly they are ridicioulusly expensive here in Germany and I have to import them from the US. Oh that's interesting! I will take a look at the doll! Thank you! :)
      Okay, I see - that are many cats! But I can totally understand - it's a hard decision!

      Delete
    3. Oh I see her. She's so cute. I have a couple that are very similar. I tried to follow you, but it wasn't working. I'll try again another time.

      Delete
    4. Thank you! :) Yes, I think Phlox has a similiar face - am I right? Oh... Hmh... I hope it works soon, I take a look if I can fix it.

      Delete
    5. Yep. I think you're right.

      Delete
  2. I had a cat with thumbs a long time ago! Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did your cat develop any problems with it's legs or walking? Arky seems to have 'bow arms', maybe from trying to walk around those big thumbs. He also has what look like big muscle man arms and shoulders, maybe for the same reason. I'm wondering if having to walk weirdly will eventually give him shoulder trouble.

      Delete
  3. I know this is an old post, but I want to put it out there so folks will know. My Callie is a Hemmingway, and she couldn't sharpen her extra claws worth a dern so they grew into her feet. She had to be partially declawed. I say PARTIALLY!!! Her healthy claws were left intact, while the deformed ones were taken out. She's never had an iota of trouble since. But if you've got Hemmingway cats, watch those claws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours have never had a problem with that, but thanks for sharing! I never thought about that because ours have always been okay. That is definitely something people with this type of cat should look out for. Our cats...bite their nails! Maybe that's how they keep that problem at bay. The only thing is, the ones without thumbs do it too! We still have Joey and Jimmy, and Arc, and Emma's friend has Miike. Arc is the only one of our boys with thumbs, and he has two on each hand. One is huge, and the other is a tiny one in between the big thumb and the other toes. I'm not sure the big thumb is fully functional, but it does move when he does the 'happy kitty' paws. He sharpens his claws constantly on one of those cardboard scratching ramps. He's never had any problems though, thank goodness.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.