Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hot Toys Michael Caine as Alfred from The Dark Knight

  My last Christmas present finally came in the mail the other day.

Is this guy amazing or what?! This is the Michael Caine sculpt from Hot Toys, based on his portrayal of Alfred in the Batman movie The Dark Knight.(To see the Hot Toys website click HERE.) I'm showing my own age by saying I can't believe Michael Caine is old enough to be playing Alfred!

I think they did an unbelievable job on this doll, but then they usually do an unbelievable job.
Don't mind the bits on his face. I dropped him by the back door and he picked up dust and lint that I didn't see until I looked at the pictures.
The likeness to the real Michael Caine is really...well, amazing.
The real Michael Caine in The Dark Knight.
All the wrinkles, and that little vein under his left eye. This is a work of art.

Another picture from The Dark Knight.

Michael Caine is one of my favourite actors. I REALLY wanted this doll. Unfortunately, he only seems to come in the Batman Armory set, which is hundreds of dollars. Just the Alfred doll is over $100. So I asked Ken to buy me just the head. I'm going to try to put it on a cheaper body.

 This head is for a 1/6 scale figure, and yet, even enlarged this much it still looks so real.



I didn't get a neck knob with the head, so I'm hoping I can make it work. It will depend on the body I find.


I think about the only flaw would be that the hair could have used some variety of colour to look more real.


It's the only unrealistic thing about the head, but then, being molded instead of real hair was going to cause that anyway.
  Michael Caine was born in Rotherhide, London, England on March 14, 1933. He has won two Oscars and two Golden Globe Awards. In 1992 he was awarded a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire.) In 2000 he was knighted by the Queen of England, but what most people don't know, (And no pun intended here about his books "Not Many People Know That" and "And Not Many People Know This Either".), is that he took his knighthood under his real name. He's actually Sir Maurice (Pronounce like 'Morris' in England.) Micklewhite. I think that was a pretty cool thing for him to do. 
  Here are some more pictures of Amazing Michael.



They even got his turkey neck.


  See you soon.

5 comments:

  1. Finding a body that works for this head should be rather easy. You just need a body that comes with the smaller neck knob instead of an attached neck.
    Something like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COOMODEL-1-6-Male-Narrow-Shoulder-Nude-Action-Figure-Body-fit-hot-toys-head-part-/231342558744?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35dd174e18
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-CUSTOM-toys-NUDE-FIGURE-Narrow-Shoulder-BLACK-BODY-TTM-hot-/191000290590?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c7881251e
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Narrow-Shoulder-Male-Nude-Body-Action-Figure-Toys-for-TTM18-TTM19-/181573648308?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a46a1ffb4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aubrey. I've seen those and I wondered if they would work.

      Delete
  2. It's fascinating how real he looks! Congratulations! I wish you good luck finding a great bidy :). But I'm sure you will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this head is realy piece of art. I hope you will find matching body, cause i can't wait for full appearance of this guy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With any luck I should be getting one of the bodies like Aubrey suggested very soon. I can't wait to see him as a whole guy either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.