Friday, August 11, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #215: Wake Up Thumbelina

   Today's doll is a cute baby. She's Wake Up Thumbelina.


She has a sweet little face, with painted eyes and rooted blonde hair with a ribbon bow in it.


She was made by Ideal in 1976.


  According to her box, 'she turns over...and much much more.


Doesn't look like she's doing much with these floppy legs filled with foam. In fact, her legs are so light weight, that she can't sit up. Her head and torso are so heavy, that she just slips down when you sit her up. She's doing a lot of leaning in that first picture.


  Her pajamas have a little ribbon bow with embroidered flowers.


  Leaning again. And her arms just reach out like that.


Why? Because she is meant to be laid like this.

She's about 19 inches long.

  Okay, so what all does she do? I'll let the side of her box tell you.
 

Her PJs have a trap door that her bottom tends to poke out of. That's where her batteries go.



  According to the instructions above, this weird shape in her back is what you press to put her through her motions. It's quite a complicated bunch of instructions for kids to follow: how you have to lay her, how her legs have to be crossed etc.


  Her pajamas need a cleaning, but her head will look pretty nice when her hair is combed. I haven't tried her out to see if she works.


  If anybody is interested in her, let me know. I can see if she works and come up with a price for you.


    You can watch a commercial for  Wake Up Thumbelina HERE.

That's it for today. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Mercy, the batteries go up her butt! LOL, I would take her, but if I bring home any more dolls my mama is gonna kill me! LOL, and there are two she doesn't know about on their way here. Have you seen the commercial for Wake Up Thumbelina? I have to admit that I've walked around singing the jingle a couple'a times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen it. I had a look, and since I was there anyway, I put the link in the post. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I kind of sort of remember her. She does seem top heavy. I love the yellow outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't remember her at all. I was in between doll interests at the time!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.