Thursday, August 31, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #235: Patti

   Today's doll is Patti.




  Patti was produced in 1964. She was a Montgomery Ward exclusive, which accounts for her price. She was made by Ideal.

 

  Her bangs should be longer. This girl's are a bit worn. Patti has long, straight, dark hair, but their are supposedly a few rare blonde ones. This one is wearing a Pepper ballet outfit. Her original dress had a red skirt over a one piece playsuit that was white with red polka dots, with two pieces of red rick rack down the middle of the front of the bodice. I think she also had a red elastic headband.


  As you may have noticed, Patti is displayed here amongst Tammy family dolls. That's because she was Pepper's friend. 

Surrounded by Peppers.

   You can see that they are the same height, but Patti seems to have a larger head than Pepper. I'm pretty sure they share a body though, at least, the 1964 Pepper body, not the Posin Pepper that's next to her.

  There was also a rare Pepper and Patti doll case.  

  That's today' doll. Sorry about the bad pictures. The next post will be better, honestly! See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I think that the doll peering over Patti's shoulder is interesting. Do you know who she is?
    I don't remember Patti. I remember the Wards catalogue but we were a Spiegels family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tall one is Tammy, and the short one is Pepper. If you aren't familiar with them, you can check Tammy and Pepper posts in the side bar. We used the Spiegel catalog, and also Fingerhut and something and Fosterhouse. I can never remember what the other name was. Do you remember that one?

      Delete
    2. I don't know that catalogue. Only Spiegel, Sears, Wards, and JC Penney when I was growing up. I know Fingerhut but I don't remember that company from my childhood.

      Delete
    3. I don't think I heard of Montgomery Ward until I grew up.

      Delete
  2. She may be wearing Pepper's dress, but that yellow looks amazing with her dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like yellow myself. With black hair, I would have put her in red.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.