Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #220: Ginny

  Today's doll is the 1986 version of the Ginny doll.


She's a 'dress me' doll, meaning she comes in her underwear. There seems to be another thing about her that they really wanted you to know, in case you hadn't noticed.


The back of her box explains that she's not a baby, or a lady: she's a little girl.



As her box says, she's an 8 inch doll, made by Voguem which was a division of Dakin at the time.


Hard to tell through the dusty and reflective plastic on her box, but she has a gold Vogue tag on her wrist.


She comes with a comb, a two part stand...


...and a brush.


She has the same face sculpt as all the Ginny's of the 80's. It was a return to the old style Ginny face, after the 70's had changed to a more modern and slightly more realistic face.


She has sleep eyes with hard plastic lashes.




Her undies are a two piece satin set of teddy and long pantaloons.





She has a magnificent head of curly hair.


Sorry bout the annoying sticker residue.


  That's all for today. See you again tomorrow. By the way, Ginny is looking for a new home. If anybody is interested, please leave a comment with your contact information.

3 comments:

  1. A doll I know! I didn't have any Ginnys as a child. I only had little Alexanders. I didn't even know about Ginnys until I started collecting dolls about 10 years ago.

    I would like to adopt this little girl. I will send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's your Dorothy. I owe you. Email me your new address.

      Delete
    2. You don't owe me. It's all good. I sent you an email.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.