Saturday, August 19, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #222: Flavas Bike Date Set

   Today's doll are Liam and Happy D, from the Bike Date boxed set.



  This set was new in a mint box until we had our fire. It got wet in the room below the fire and while it looks okay at first, there is a problem. But we'll get to that.

The set was sold in 2003.

  As I said, this set features Liam and Happy D. There was another Flavas Bike Date set that had Tre, the only other make doll in the line, and Kiyoni Brown, one of the other girls. There was another Liam doll, who was blonde and clean shaven. I kind of like this version. I have another, unboxed one, that I posted HERE. That post also has some information on Flavas dolls, if you're interested.



Happy D has two tone hair, kind of like Cruella DeVille.


Flavas premiered in 2003, and lasted through 2004. They were nicely articulated, and had some interesting, well made clothes. Thee two both have faux leather jackets and boots, with jeans for Liam and 'leather' pants for Happy D.



  They also both have helmets, but the elastic holding them has disintegrated over time. Originally Liam was holding his own helmet.


There's also a pretty sharp motorcycle.


At least, I think Happy's pants are supposed to be leather.


  And now for that problem...Liams pants have some mildew on them! I don't think it will leave any sign when they are washed, but it does mean i have to undo Liam's restarints and remove his pants for washing!



   These two were to be sold. They have lost some value now. 

  Those are the dolls for today. Come back tomorrow for more dolls.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, they are so cool. Where do you find all of these incredible dolls?

    The man made me think of Justin Timberlake. Does the woman have darker eye make up on the right eye or does she just have that appearance because the right side of her hair is dark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just a shadow making her eye look that way. There definitely is some Justin Timberlake to him though. As to where I find them, this line of dolls was out when my kids were still kids, so I was watching kids' TV, and saw the commercials and shopped the toy aisles in stores. I was up on the currant dolls back then. None of my kids had any of these though, as far as I remember.

      Delete
  2. Tell me, what's yo flava? LOL, I hated these dolls when they were in stores, but they grew on me. I own part of this particular Happy D (her head), and she does indeed look like Cruella de Vil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certain things I don't like, but overall I think they're pretty neat. (That comment shows my age!) They're articulation was very good for the time, and I liked that they were all very different, even different heights. I don't care for Liam's staring eyes, but otherwise, I'm quite fond of him.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.