Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Creatable World Vs Lori

  I finally saw the Creatable World dolls in person last night at Target. I love them! I really want one now. They're articulated, they have great faces and nice hair. I had a hard time picking, but I think these three are my favourites.

   




 



They also have some pretty nice clothes. There were some checked shirts that I really love. There is such detail in the little checks. I think they did an extra good job on making a tiny print. There's also a cute pair of shortalls,a yellow slicker and rain boots,some great jackets,and really cool shoes. Of course, there are some ugly patterned leggings and things that I hate,and you can't get one without the other,since the sets have several pieces. The large sets aren't a bad deal. You get one doll with a wig,three pairs of shoes, and at least two full outfits AND GLASSES! (I love doll glasses, and the glasses that come with these dolls are really good.I hate doll glasses without clear lenses. That just looks stupid. When did toy makers start making glasses dolls couldn't 'see' through? Even back in the 50's and 60's had clear lenses or no lenses. My kids' era had doll glasses that were a solid piece of plastic,and I hated them.)There are smaller sets that contain a doll and one outfit. There are also small sets of clothing pieces. The best deal seems to be the larger sets though. Since all the sets contain different clothes,it requires buying all the sets to get clothing pieces you like ,and ending up with pieces you hate.
  I thought it was a little strange that the wigs are only partial wigs, that work with the rooted hair to make a hairstyle. From what I can tell from the pictures on the rotating display in the store, the rim of the wigs is also fairly visible when the wig is on. I'd still love to try them out.
  As for the 'Lori' of the title,it seems that Target has traded their Lori mini dolls for the Creatable World dolls. The Lori section had only a couple of dolls and the camper. The Creatable World section,in the same aisle, was quite big,plus there was an endcap display. So for those of you who love your Lori dolls, you might want to check into that and see if they are being discontinued. The Target I was at last night had a few Lori dolls and one outfit in their clearance section,along with the airport. Other than Target the only place I've seen the Lori dolls is T.J. Maxx, which is a closeout store.
  I'm considering having a give away competition. I was really discouraged that there weren't more people entering last time. Let me know what you think.

9 comments:

  1. Oh! I had just talked myself out of wanting one of these! In Australia you can only get these from Target's website and recently they only have the first two sets you've got as your favourites available. If they show up in the actual shops here, I'm not going to be able to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dolls are new to me. I was just in Target but I was returning something and I didn't take time to shop. I will have to look for these dolls the next time I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to see the Lori dolls on the outs, mostly because they had/have some really great fashion packs and accessory items that work well for one of my favorite dolls. I have seen a few of them at Tuesday Morning closeout stores. Mostly the ballet ones, and no fashions or accessories though.

    That said, the Creatable World dolls are a really neat concept. I wish they had found a better way to implement the wigs, but maybe they work better than I am thinking they would.

    I think you should try the giveaway again. Maybe have people share a link to a post to enter and then comment with a link to where it was shared?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the dark skinned one, she's great. I would buy her if I saw her here in the shops. I guess he's not going to turn up at our Toys R Us then, if she's from Target :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I googled Target's website as well as some of the stores close to me. All listed the original doll sets with the outfits, shoes & wig for $19.99, but only some dolls were available in stores. There was also one set with different box art for $29.99 with a doll, outfits and a wig that didn't seem to have the visible rim on it. Wonder if the better wig accounted for the $10 price increase? Did you happen to notice if the smaller sets with just 1 outfit had wigs or was the doll gender specific?

    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the dolls are gender non specific because that's the theme of the line. I'm confused about the sets too. If you read the contents of the $19.99 set,it seems to have tha same things as the $29.99 set: a doll, a wig,6 pieces of clothing, 3 pairs of shoes, and two accessories. I'm at a loss here. I swear the sets I saw at the store were the same as the $19.99 sets, but i think they were $29.99. I'm going to have to check them out again.

      Delete
  6. I love the last doll best and even like ALL (from the last doll) of their clothing! Okay, I am not sure about the checked loafers, but its not like I hate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dislike a lot of the clothes, but I love those checked vans! Emma used to have some. She called them her 'Johnny Slash' shoes, because the character from "Square Pegs" wore them.

      Delete
    2. LOL I love children's viewpoints on things. I like the rose shirt, but then I LOVE roses. And if I am going to have checked Vans, then I want the blue set.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.