Friday, January 10, 2020

My All Time Top Ten Posts as of January 2020

  Don't forget to check our Facebook page,(Except for you Dorothy.) for the latest posts, which include a really cute stop motion felt video!
  A while back I did a post reviewing my top ten posts of all time. I thought it would be interesting to look at that again and see if anything has changed. So what are my all time Top Ten Posts?
  Well the number one post hasn't changed. It's my post on Mrs. Beasley,her history, my life long love, and a Yard Sale Tale.

My Beasleys.

Who would have thought Mrs. Beasley would still draw such a mob?! I always wanted a Mrs. Beasley. Apparently, I'm not the only one with that obsession.
  The second place post is even more strange,because they are dolls I think few people have even heard of. They're Violet Pickles and Ruby Buttons.


Maybe the creator of Violet and Ruby is the draw. He's E.J. Taylor,a doll maker who decided to write and illustrate a book series, Ivy Cottage, on Violet and Ruby,two live rags dolls who live with Miss Biscuit, the old lady who made them. 


E.J. Taylor makes beautiful dolls,with a  lot of personality.
 

Or maybe it's just the words 'Ivy Cottage' that are the draw! If you Google Ivy Cottage a lot of shabby chic stuff comes up.
   The third place goes to my post called Happy Beatles Birthdays Part 2. I covered various things including Christmas ornaments and figures. Oh. And Tammy's shirt.


Up at number four we have Little Miss No Name.


She was one of my favourite childhood dolls. I still love her, even if Ken thinks she looks like Ignorance and Want from "A Christmas Carol" and can't look at her!
  Coming in at number five is an Ai doll,Bee Balm.


I've done posts on several Ai dolls, but none of them have reeled in as many views as Bee Balm. I have no idea why.
  Number six is another doll few people have heard of, so his position on the list surprises me. He's That Kid.


That Kid and Mrs. Beasley are the two dolls I longed for the most as a kid. I have three of these boys now, including the one I finally got that still talks! I did a post with video so everyone could hear him, since I don't think anybody has posted his voice online. My video doesn't seem to work, but one day I'll get that fixed. He did come with his box and instructions, so if anybody is interested you can see that post HERE.
  Number seven is another of my childhood dolls. She's Newborn Thumbelina.

My newborn Thumbelina,me, my mom,and my sister,Christmas day.

I asked for this doll one Christmas after spotting her at the local Hart's store. I think Mom and Dad must have bought her that day behind my back.
  Number eight is a strange little kid. If you thought That Kid was weird looking, check out this Ratti Tjorven doll.





She's one of those dolls that you like, but, on the other hand... A lot of people seem to like her though.
Number nine is a real surprise. But maybe it shouldn't be. Maybe it's because a lot of people my age remember Topo Gigio fondly from the Ed Sullivan Show.
 

On the other hand, it could be because, unbeknownst to me, he has been popular all around the world since before the Ed Sullivan Show, and he still is in many countries.
  It has just occurred to me that I should have started with number 10 and been counting down. Oh well. Too late now. So here's number ten. Another fairly surprising one. It's my post on Penny Brite.
 

Penny Brite was a doll made in the 60's by Deluxe Reading, but I don't know of many people that remember her, or collect her. I have my childhood doll, and my sister's...and a boat load of others now. (That's the boatload above.) I have posted another Penny, and a couple of clones, but this post tops those by a long shot.
  So those are my all time top ten most popular posts. I last did this in 2016. Most of the top ten from that list are included here, even if some of them have switched their places around. At least one dropped off the top ten list. Penny Brite wasn't even on it the last time. I wonder what will be the Top Ten the next time I do this.

9 comments:

  1. I loved the count down (or was it a count up? - laugh). Mrs. Beasley was the only doll I knew. I always learn new things. (Well, duh, that's what school is for - excuse me while I talk to myself). I will have to look back on 2019 and see which was my favorite post that you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to hear your choice!

      Delete
    2. Hey Teach, I completed my homework assignment. Here are my four favorite top posting from 2019.

      #4 December #365 - Maru doll - I chose this because I think this doll is pretty and I have a Maru doll (not this one)

      #3 August #214 - Kissy - I chose this because I have a Kissy doll, the one I got as a child. I always loved her and she makes me smile.

      #2 May #122 - A Doll Of My Own Making - Susan - I chose this because the doll is such a cutie and you made it yourself.

      #1 September #271 - Vacation - Part 2 - I choose this because it is fun to see where you went and to see Tammy having a vacation also.

      As you see, I couldn't chose just one (laugh).

      Delete
    3. Thanks Dorothy! I like seeing your favourites. Thanks for putting the vacation on there,because I put a lot of work into those posts and it's nice to know someone enjoyed them.

      Delete
  2. Penny Brite is epic! All of these dolls are, but I'll always be a sworn Penny Brite fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? What do you think of the recent ones?

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, I am behind enough I am not going to try to give you favorites for 2019. I will give you overall favorites from when I started reading. Just remember that I have forgotten some of them by now. lol

    My first is the Ice Skater. But I would have to say ALL of your homemade dolls are in the #1 list. Your vacation posts would be the #2 spot. I think your Skipper Saturdays are #3. The travel dolls are #4. And #5 is your childhood picture posts. These are not in order from best to least, these are just the first five things I think of when I come here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the dolls I made so much. That makes me feel good. I thought Skipper Saturday never got enough attention, so thanks. I LOVE travel dolls. Some of the cheap ones aren't so nice, but I love the flocked face ones and felt ones,,,and a lot fo them!

      Delete
    2. Oh I thought Skipper Saturday was fun! I wasn't born when some of those came out and seeing the quality of the outfits was eye opening. And yes, your homemade dolls are awesome. I keep telling you they are works of art. And I like your vacation posts whether Tammy the Doll joins you or not. You have a way of making people feel like they are there with you. Not in a creepy way!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.