Tuesday, January 7, 2020

My Favourite Flickr Doll People and Vintage Patterns for Making Minis

  There are a lot of people out there taking some great doll photos. I thought I'd go over some of my favourite Flickr people who post the most amazing doll photos. Of course, I can't post their actual photos here, but I'll include links to their photostreams and some of my favourites of their photos.
   I'll start out with a defunct account. I believe MiskatoniceNick passed away,but he left some amazing photos. He had some great dioramas and terrific dolls. Check out this action shot of Christopher Lee's Dracula attacking a beautiful victim.
  Next is Jodie Dee at 55randomclicks. I love the dolls,the dioramas,and the great accessories. This little kid is one of my favourites of Jodie's dolls.
 For those of you who love 18 inch dolls there's 5hens. She's a professional photographer,and sometimes she posts her human photos too. But my favourites of her photos are the series she did with 18 inch dolls as the cast of "Stranger Things". The dolls were made over as the cast and the little bikes and costumes were great! Wonderful photos! She also did series' on camping,and Harry Potter. She hasn't posted for a while,but the photos she has are definitely worth looking at.
  JunqueDollBoutique has very detailed dioramas with beautiful dolls and wonderful little accessories.
  carrination has great custom dolls and fun dioramas. I think my favourite may be this one.
  Quavani has interesting dolls and really great photos.
  criscrash13 has lots of fun photos. She specializes in Tressy  and similar dolls.
  I like Debbie Jones dolls and photos. She has a lot of Tammy dolls,vintage Barbie, and Blythe.
  Retro Mama69 was always fun. She hasn't posted for a while,but hopefully she'll come back.She has some cute dolls.
  Ronda Vallejo makes some beautiful furniture and accessories, and uses them in her dioramas.
  I LOVE TutuBella! Cute dolls and the most beautiful doll rooms and scenes.
  Big Red Angel has beautiful photos. The dolls and doll rooms are gorgeous and colourful!
  Raining Rita does the most fun photos of tiny dolls and toys,and also amazing photos of scenes made from her collection.
  dollie-mama always posts something fun and interesting.
  redmermaidwerewolf specializes in red haired dolls and custom dolls and handmaid items. She has made some wonderful things.
  Foxy Belle takes wonderful photos of her vintage and newer dolls,in real places and in handmade dioramas. She has a beautiful dollhouse full of vintage Caco dolls,and she makes terrific 1/6 scale furniture and accessories. The things she can make out of a cereal box !
 And of course there's my Flickr friend,OM,or Odd Mod. You may have seen the post I did about the things she sent me in a trade we did a while back. OM has the most wonderful,realistic dollhouse. She tells stories with her characters. She even did a fantasy story,which isn't what she normally does,but I loved it. The pictures were absolutely magical!
  There's also Dawn,known as Crazyquilter. (Not to be confused with The Crazyquilter on Flicker.) She posts pictures of things and dolls she's made, dolls in nature, and her own childhood doll,Sara,a Nancy Ann Storybook Alice,which are my favourites. I love that she still has Sara and features her so often.
    A while back Dawn posted some pictures of a 1940's mini scene she had made. You can see the diorama photos HERE. She had made so many little detailed things for the diorama of a 1940's general store. I don't remember how the subject of patterns came up, but I offered to send her photos of a bunch of vintage patterns I had so she could make mini versions for the store. So I gathered all the patterns have from that era and photographed them for her. I have a terrible time sending pictures in emails, so I told her I would post the photos on the blog here, where it would be easy for her (or any of you who are interested) to 'steal' the photos. Some of these aren't the right decade for what she needed, but if anybody needs those,they're here too. Enjoy,and check out the rest of her Flickr too. There's a lot of fun stuff there.

 Number 1



 number 2







number 3







number 4





number 5





number 6





number 7





number 8 is the iron-on designs.

 



number 9



number 10























 









number 11






number 12





number 13






.number 14






number 15







number 16



number 17




number 18




I hope you can use some of these Dawn!  

10 comments:

  1. Interesting postings. All new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking at all the Flicker photos. Thanks for putting the list together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It always interesting to see where others get inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flickr is still my favourite place to view doll photos, although all the interest these days seems to be on Instagram. I like that you can have albums and organise your photos on Flickr, I prefer that.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm old fashioned. I don't do Instagram, and I don't even have a cell phone.

      Delete
  5. Very nice Flickr accounts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bookmarking this page so I can look at these later. I am still getting caught up with your blog. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.