Friday, January 3, 2020

What I'm Doing,and What I Need to Do

  I'm having a hard time with this not posting every day. I said I wasn't going to this year,but I still feel like I should be posting something! I hope I don't run out of ideas because I feel compelled to come up with something every day.
  I still have work to do on Ivy's room. I ran out of time before she came home for Christmas,so when she goes back to school I have to put her couch/bed together and finish painting her furniture. I also need to upholster her cushions for the couch...bed.I have all my stuff. I just need to do it.
  Ivy goes back to school on the 26th,so I'm going to miss her. When she comes back her room should be finished. Of course, it should have been finished ages ago. It took me a lot longer than I thought it would though,because her room was such a mess,so that's on her.
  I did start a project a while back that I promised to show you the progress on. There hasn't been any progress yet,so you haven't missed anything. Here's the basis of the project.


I have a couple of these little houses. They're just decorations that are supposed to just sit around your house. Sometimes I see them in rustic gift shops,usually with some fairy lights or fake branches  around them. I was going to repaint the yellow one,(I hate yellow.),but I really like the other one. I  thought it would make a good size house for my Claudon Cats


I have dreams of remaking it into a beautiful house decorated to fit their era.
  The houses would make great dollhouses,except for one thing. They don't have an open side.


So that was the start of the project: tear the back off the house. I thought it would just pry off. Uh...no. There were nails and glue involved. There was also a groove in the base that the bottom of the side fit into. So with the use of an old butter knife and a hammer,and after a lot of tearing wood and mess all over my carpet,I eventually managed to rip the back off...and made a mess of it.
 

I broke all the ragged bits off the house. 


As for the wall,I figure I can fix the uneven surface by filling in with some spackle or something, and covering it with wall paper.


So that's the start. When I get around to it I'll put in an upstairs floor, decorate the house and make furniture for it.Then the Claudon Cats can move in and I can put a clear,removable back on the house so I can enjoy looking at them without them getting dusty.
  So I got a post on today. I can't say how often this will happen, but I'm trying!

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how this goes! Cute cats absolutely must have a cute house to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Teach, it's wonderful that you want to post every day and we students would love it but if you can't, you can't. You can take a sabbatical a few days a week if you want to. Some classes only meet twice a week or even once a week. Whatever you decide, we will still come to class and do our homework. We promise.

    I like the little houses. You can send me all of your yellow things. It's my favorite color. Well maybe not a stove or refrigerator (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy.I'm sure I'll lapse soon! And come one! What am i going to do with this yellow refrigerator now! It has your name on it!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a very ambitious project. I can't wait to see the end results.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Um, you'll have to, because I haven't finished it yet! I really should get on with that.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.