Saturday, January 4, 2020

One More Christmas Present and Some Updates

  I have been busy. I got the Facebook page all updated with all the posts. I was WAY  behind. Don't forget that I occasionally post extra things on Facebook,like doll news stories, cute miniatures pictures, and all sorts of doll and mini related things.So don't forget to follow and like us on Facebook. You can click 'follow us on Facebook' in the side bar at the top of the page.
  Also,please don't forget to check the sales page. I still need to get rid of stuff! I haven't added to it for a while,but I will soon. And don't forget that most of the stuff that I posted out of those tubs of sale dolls is available if you took a liking to it! I really need the space,especially now that Fuzz has moved back home..
  I got another Christmas present that Ken forgot to give me! I found it in the back of the car after Christmas. I knew he had gotten it, because I put it in the cart! It's this set.


It's a crochet kit. The subjects are obviously meant to be The Beatles, but it doesn't say 'Beatles' anywhere on the outside of the box,although it does use their individual names. It just says 'the boys from Liverpool' and 'moptops'.




Inside is a different story. There's 'Beatles' all over. They must have not licensed the name,and got away with it by only having it inside where you can't see it unless you already bought it.
  The kit includes supplies,and a booklet.




  There's only enough stuff included to make one doll.


They use John as the example for the instructions,and then just vary those directions to make the other three, as if John is the scale by which all Beadles are measured. That's a popular opinion,but 'tain't necessarily so, as the song goes.
 

He's also the only one they have the directions for crocheting his guitar.
 

The other Beatles are made using pretty much identical directions,when the actual guys weren't. For example, all three have eyebrows made using a 2 ply yarn,when everybody knows Paul's eyebrows should be made with 1 ply yarn, and George's eyebrows should take at least a 4 ply. 
 

As well as the early Beatles in the dark suits, you can also make the Sgt. Pepper versions.


And I do mean YOU can,because I can't crochet! My sister tried to show me how when we were kids. More than once. Ivy and I got a how to DVD from the library which lost me completely. I went to a yard sale once where the nice lady named Skip who was having the sale sat me down and taught me to crochet. (She said I couldn't leave until I had crocheted a row.) I went home and managed a row,and promptly forgot how to do the next step. My mind seems totally opposed to crochet or knitting,which my sister also tried to show me how to do. She managed to teach our cousin Bobby how to knit,and he proceeded to knit a lovey baby sweater for our new cousin Jimmy. He was very upset that our Aunt Sue wouldn't let Jimmy wear it,just because it was knitted out of rug yarn. (Itchy!) I don't know what it is! My mind just doesn't work that way.
  Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. My daughter had the same issue, I learned from my Granny who was left handed and sat across from me, mind you I cant follow a pattern to save my life. I prefer cross stitch on plastic or plain canvas.If you can make slash marks on a grid you can do canvas.Maybe even embroidery on linen wrapped around a craft ball.I even thought of one of those bald dolls w/o a face as they can be styled and which way.I will happily look for you on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I need a left handed teacher. Honestly, I don't think it would help!

      Delete
  2. I can't do crafts of any kind. I did learn how to knit a row from my grandmother when I was young but I don't know that I could do it now.

    I don't have Facebook so I can't follow you there so I will just sit here, in the front of the class (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok Dorothy. We'll find you a project to do,since you can't do Facebook,like my kids did because we don't do dissection!

      Delete
  3. Mom bugged me and bugged me about learning how to crochet. I finally gave in, thinking I would hate it and let her teach me. She taught me the basic stitches and that's all I needed. The most complicated stitches are made of basic ones.

    Joke was on me, I loved it and am good at it. Go figure.

    I like the kit, I hope you get it made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeless. Ivy tried to teach me how to knit when she was home, and I'm awful. Just not my thing I guess.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.