Sunday, January 26, 2020

My Latest Project: A Gift for Mr. Skellie

  Well I'm up early in the morning to take Ivy back to college. I'm sad to see her go. I'll miss her,and it also means I'll have to get back to work on her room! I'm still tired from before! But it will be nice to get it all finished and she can enjoy it properly when she comes back in the Spring.
  I don't know if I mentioned waaaaaay back last year when I got a gift from Debra at Dollhouselady's Blog. Debra's sidekick is a little skeleton named Mr. Skellie. I always enjoy Mr. Skellie's contributions to the blog,so Debra and Mr. Skellie sent a little 'skellie' my way. You can see Debra's post on what she was sending me HERE.
  I can't believe it, but that's been nearly a year ago! Not long after the gift arrived Debra sold her house and moved so she could be near her daughter, and take care of her mother. (Debra's mother that is,not her daughter's mother,although I hope she's taking care of her too!) She hasn't posted on her blog since last June. I was hoping she'd post something about having settled.
  I had such a crazy year last year too. I was sick for months,helped Lori house hunt in Georgia and then move,Ken and I took our anniversary vacation trip,and then I started in on Ivy's room. I was so busy I kept forgetting about the gift I meant to send Debra! (I know. I'm a horrible person! I feel terrible.) About a week ago I emailed Debra to see if she had an actual address now where I could send her...I mean Mr. Skellie's gift. She emailed back with her address and to say that she's doing well. Now I can send the gift along,but I wanted to show it to you first. (Debra, if you're reading,beware of spoilers,ye who enter here!)
 *****************************************************************************
 *****************************************************************************
 So here's Mr. Skellie's cousin,(who was part of Debra's gift),to model the latest in Skelliewear.



Sewing isn't my thing, and I know Debra can sew better than I can. I just thought Mr. Skellie needed a work apron for when he helps around the shop. So I made him this little work apron with a divided pocket. What are the divisions for, you may ask?


A guy's gotta have his tools! This work apron can fit all Mr. Skellie's tools,so they're always handy.




But what if Mr. Skellie doesn't have any tools,I hear you ask? Well, that's why I'm sending the tools too.



There's a wrench. a pair of pliers,a hammer,a screwdriver, and a tiny keyhole saw. Hopefully Debra will have a chance soon to do some of the dollhouse work she enjoys so much,and Mr. Skellie will find use for his new tools.
  Keep watching for news of the competition. I'll be announcing the details soon. I wanted to spend time with Ivy before she goes back to school,and got cheated out of a whole day by this bug I caught from Ken. And yes, I still feel really lousy. Talk to you soon.

11 comments:

  1. That’s such a sweet thought and a very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better today. It's only 4 months until May. Yeaaa! I am planning to dance around the Maypole. Okay, maybe I won't but one of my dolls will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tam-

    Well, once again, we are companions in sickness. I don't know if you remember me having the same thing you had last March at the same time.
    I woke up this morning with a burning throat, shakes, chills, body aches and eventually a welcome fever (kept me warm!) Had a flu shot in October so don't know if this is a mutation or what. And I may have gotten it from my husband who seems to have a cold. Now I worry that he will get my flu and I will get his cold!

    Here's to getting better soon!

    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Let's hope this version doesn't last as long as last year's! I still feel bad, and today it turned into constant sneezing,coughing, and nose blowing. My fever broke after the first day and a half,luckily. I don't get hot when I get a fever. I freeze! I only had the suggestion of a sore throat, but I had a headache instead. I don't do flu shots. My dad used to get one every year, and always got really sick. When I became his caregiver I stopped them and he didn't get sick.I hope you're feeling better soon!

      Delete
  4. Great idea. Did you make one for the cousin too? Guessing he will miss them when you have sent them to Skellie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make him an apron, but I do have another set of tools.

      Delete
  5. I hope you're better now, as I'm just catching up with the blogs I follow....it's gonna take a while!!
    That's a very cute little apron and those tools are so small and sweet. I'm sure your friend will be delighted with them!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you have to give me another blog to try to catch up on?? I bookmarked it for later. lol

    I love the apron! And those tools will be very useful for a handy skeleton. I don't remember reading you got the gift last year, but I have read from 2013 and I am sure have forgotten some of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.