Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #53: Miniature Girl

   First of all, don't forget to check out today's Doll Book of the Month Club post. 

  Now. Today's doll. She's a tiny little girl.

Pardon my dry fingers, Between washing rescued things from the house and washing my hands because I'm handling a lot of second hand stuff, my skin is as dry as paper.

I bought this doll at the doll show Sunday. She's cute enough, but her two tiny dolls made the decision to buy her easy!




She's about 3 inches tall herself, so you can imagine how tiny her dolls are.





  There's a tiny rag doll.



And there's a jointed wooden doll.


And her arms really move!




  The rag doll is about an inch tall, so figure how tiny the wooden doll is.


  The little girl has great hair. I think it's made of bunka.

She has tiny hair ribbons, I could never have tied those.

She's wearing bloomers. Her shoes are made of polymer clay. I'm not sure what her socks/legs are made of.


Her legs have wire in them so they are bendable.










She can even sit down, although her legs don't seem to bend at the hips. They bend a little lower down.




Her head is wooden. 


She has a cotton dress and apron.


  On the back of her dress there is a little...sticker?


It's the initials of her maker I think. It's 'CS'. Does anybody know who that is?


I was a little surprised to see that the little rag doll was marked too,



And even more surprised that even the tiny wooden doll  was marked.

Notice her cloth hands.


  That's todays doll. See you again tomorrow,

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, she may be little, but you scored big with these three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I suck at commenting, but this one is soooooo cute!! I would have snapped her up too. What an amazing artist. Hope clean up is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're working on it. It's a big job when Ken is the only one working on it now, and he only has a couple of days a week to do it.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.