Thursday, February 23, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #48: Heidi

   Today's doll may look familiar to you. She's Heidi.


Heidi is a Timeless Treasures 'When I Read I Dream' doll, like Fern, better known around here as Tammy World. There were only four doll in the series, and all the dolls in the series were based on book characters. 

Heidi is based on the title character from the book by Johann Spyri.


They included Fern from "Charlotte's Web", Jo, from "Little Women", Anne, from "Anne of Green Gables", and Heidi, from...well, you know. You can see my Jo HERE, you can see Anne HERE, and you can see Tammy World showing you what Fern looks like HERE.


  Heidi and Tammy...sorry, Fern, share a head sculpt, as do all the dolls in the series, and all have the same cute freckles. (The bodies are all the same too, but Tammy has been switched to a Hermione Granger body for posability.)
 
Her apron is a separate piece. The clothes, which bear the 'Barbie Collectibles' tag, are made to fit perfectly on these dolls, and although they are made with snaps on the back, as if they could be removed, the clothes are very hard to take off.
She has actual embroidery on her apron, and brown boots that snap open on the sides for removal.


Her blonde hair is braided, and held back with a kerchief that ties in back.


  If she looks familiar for another reason, it's because in Tammy World's world, she's Heidi Rettop, and you may have seen her in my photostories 'The First Day of School', and 'The World Kids go Sledding'.
  I like the three dimensional cabin in Heidi's box insert.


  Ken brought this doll from the house because he thought it might be wet, but it wasn't. Perfect condition, and no smoke smell because she was downstairs, at the edge of the room that got wet when the water came through the ceiling from the fire being put out. In any case, she's available if anybody is interested.  ($18 plus shipping.)

  That's today's doll. Guess what's up for tomorrow. Another doll! 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Would have loved to have her, since I only have Fern. But I bet shipping to Norway might more than double her price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see what she would cost to ship unboxed, if you're interested. I can weight a Stacie doll. They have the same body.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I loved this series of dolls! I wish it had continued. I have all 4, but NRFB. Tam, I sure have been enjoying your Doll-a-Day series--I first started reading your blog during your last Doll-a-Day year! I appreciate all the work you put into the photos and information--I learn something new every post. I hope that you are continuing to feel better, and that house repairs are underway. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Beth. That means a lot. Sometimes I feel no one is paying any attention. House repairs haven't started yet. We're still clearing out the rubble and wet stuff, since Ken works 5 days a week, and has so much pain he can't do much when he's off. Also, we're still working on getting help from the mortgage company, who didn't pay the insurance like they were supposed to.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.