Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #255: Furga Valentina Doll in Brown

   Well, we're back to dolls who were NOT bought at the recent doll shows. I still have a few from the shows to show you, but because of being busy with wedding stuff, I'm going to show you some things I already have photographed. In the next couple of days I need to hem Ken's suit pants and jacket cuffs, move the buttons on his shirt sleeves, make the thingy for my hair, and do something to cover the sheer insert in the chest of my dress! Plus I need to finish a project for the wedding, which I'll show you later. Pretty busy!

  So, we're going to see some Furga dolls in the next few days, and this is the first one.


  She's a pretty one, as Furga dolls usually are. 


She has a very typical Furga face and colouring. The big blue eyes and thick black lashes, the rosy complexion, and the pursed lips are pure Furga.


She's wearing her original outfit. The flower neck thing kept turning around, making the flower hard to see.
 


Her dress closes in back with snaps. You can see the Furga mark on her back. I know she's a Furga Valentina, but I don't know if that is the character's name, or a division of Furga.
 

Her dress is sort of a thin cotton, with painted flowers on the front.



Under her dress she has a slip...


...and fishnet tights.

But her shoes have disappeared.

  I did actually find one of these dolls in a box online. She didn't even have a name, just 'soft doll' in several languages, and she isn't! She's vinyl. She would have also had a straw hat with a matching orange felt flower and big ties that match her dress. Her shoes were shiny black vinyl shoes with ankle straps.  
Her hair is a silvery blonde, and very thick.



1970's Dolly Parton hair!

  She's about 16 inches tall, with the standard 5 points of articulation: neck, shoulder, and hips. So she can turn her head left and right, she can sit down, and her arms can rotate in the sockets. (Unlike my left one lately! But hey, it's slowly getting better.)



  That's today's doll. She is looking for a new home, and $30 and shipping will get her. Just leave a comment with your contact information.  Remember: busy week with the wedding coming up! So much to do before the big day, and I'm not even the bride! So see you again tomorrow for the next Furga.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do like Furga dolls. I think I'll pass on this one since I'm trying to watch my money and my space, but she's a pretty one. You've got me excited for your coming posts.

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a pretty doll. I thought, at first, that she was Spanish because of her dress.

    You know that you can take "family leave" for a few days. We will still be here when you get back. Just save us a slice of the wedding cake (laugh).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.