Saturday, September 30, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #262: Plastic Baby Doll

   Today's doll belongs to my sister. He's a simple plastic baby doll.




  You can see where he used to have a bottle on his chest, that disappeared many decades ago. It was a 'magic bottle':  a clear plastic bottle with white sand in it, that disappeared when the baby was laid down.

  My sister was born in 1956, so he is most certainly from the late 50's. He's about 8 or 9 inches tall. The poor kid has a melt mark on his leg, as you can see. This old plastic does that, often from being in contact with another plastic it reacts to.


He has a marking on his back, but I can't read it. I do know that he was made by Irwin though. He's wearing a molded and painted diaper, but the paint is mostly worn off on the back, so it looks like he just has a weirdly lumpy butt.

  That's today's doll. Sorry it's short, but I am still doing wedding clear up duty, and trying to go through the pictures I took. See you tomorrow, when I will almost certainly photograph something to post, because Ken got my camera working again.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I guess you could say that he peed his pants, hence why his diaper is yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, he is so cute. Poor little boy. He needs some clothes, a new bottle, a blanket, and a Mommy or Daddy to cuddle. He looks like a Henry or an Irvin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He reminds me of Henry, from the old comic strip. My sister doesn't cuddle him, but she has kept him, which is more than I can say for a lot of her toys.

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness, you are right. He does look like comic strip Henry. I wasn't thinking about that. Well then, Henry he is!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.