Monday, September 11, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #246: Erna Meyer Man

   Today's doll is a nice Erna Meyer man.


   I found him at one of the recent doll shows, and I knew instantly that he was an Erna Meyer doll. You can never mistake those faces. 



He is 6 inches tall.  I think he may be Dollhouse Lady's son. (For the history of Erna Meyer dolls, check out that post.) He seems smaller than she does. He's more the size of Dollhouse Grama.


Erna Meyer dolls use a molded face, covered with stockingette. The features are hand painted.

He looks like a nice young man.



I'm not sure what his hair is made of. He has a stitched in part and even little sideburns.



His hands are just wire loops, covered with stockingette.


  The dealer I got him from had three dolls, two of which you'll see coming up  in a future post. He tried to tell me they were from the 1950's. Sorry, no. These dolls are NOT from the '50's. It's obvious enough with this guy, and his nylon  tie. But the ladies? No way. He argued that, oh no, these dolls were from the '50's, because HE knew what collection they came from. Sorry guy. Maybe you got duped. Someone sold this guy's older twin, (obviously the 'same'  doll, but a later version, as evidenced by the fabrics, stitched pants seams, cloth shoes with cardboard soles, and general look of him.) as a 1950's doll. Maybe that's what the dealer found when he looked this guy up. 
  As a later Erna Meyer doll, this guy has plastic shoes. More proof he's not from the '50's, because Erna Meyer dolls didn't get plastic feet until the mid 1960's.
 


  His arms are bare under his jacket, so you can see that they are wrapped with foam. No sleeves on his shirt.


 

    He has a nice felt suit.


 As I said he has a nylon tie. It was so wadded up when I got him that I thought it was a bow tie!


He has a wire armature, so he can be posed. 




  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see another doll from the doll shows. See you then.

4 comments:

  1. He does look very nice. I am trying to figure out his profession. Hmmm, salesperson, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Dorothy. Now, what is he selling?

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, either used cars or leaf-free gutters. Both are very much needed.

      Delete
    3. I like the leaf gutter idea! I saw someone selling the same doll, and they had him listed as an ad man! I don't think he's dishonest enough to be an ad man, or a used car salesman! So we're going to say he sells gutter guards! And I think his name is Brian.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.