Friday, September 22, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #257: Furga Doll in White and Feathers

   And yet another Furga. I got all of the ones you've seen in the past couple of days at the same time at a thrift store that was puking up Furgas like there was no tomorrow. (There is though, and it will be another Furga! But not from the thrift store.)

  This doll is a bit schnazzier than the previous two. She's all covered in marabou feathers. And I do mean covered. She was molting all over the place.

You can see feather bits in her hair.

She pretty much has the exact same face as the other two. She just has a fancier outfit.

See? Feathers in her hair.

  She has big hair, like the blonde, but it's dark, like the other girl's.




  Look at this outfit! It's a velvety fabric, and decorated with pink feathers. The other dolls that were in with her had to be cleared of feathers before they could be photographed, and her hair was full of feathers. They were going up my nose, and blowing all over the place while I was photographing her.


Under her dress she's wearing lace pants, ala Barbra Streisand at the Oscars. (Well, I guess Barbra's weren't lace, but they were see through and bell bottomy. I guess these, as my dad would have said, 'put me in mind of' them.)


  She's also wearing white vinyl boots. One of them has a small hole in the toe.
 

  Her nails are painted salmon, not pink to match her feathers.


She has those big blue Furga eyes and black lashes.


More feathers!

  Like the other two, she needs a home, preferably one with no bird allergies, that doesn't mind the occasional feather floating in the air. She's $35 plus shipping. If you're interested, leave a comment with your contact information.

  One more day until the wedding! We're all still putting the finishing touches on stuff. I hope we get everything done!

  Tomorrow is the last Furga, for the time being at least. She's a leftover from the recent doll shows, and no, I did not buy her. See you then.

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby, I hate how feather trim ages like that! She's cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely glamorous. She makes me think of Eva Gabor from Green Acres, except without the blond hair. I do think that she would call everyone "darling," though. Now I am naming dolls AND giving them character traits. Geez Louise (laugh).
    Green Acres was (and still is in re-runs) one of my favorite shows.
    Happy Wedding Day tomorrow to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.